FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Data Drive

Tony The Tiger
I am going to have to send my computer back to Hewlett-Packard because my laptop hinge has cracked. This is going to be my first experience using my data drive in an external hard drive case on my old computer while my newer computer is under repair. I hope all goes well. I think I just have to remember to save some Excel spreadsheets in the old Office format because my 2007 Hewlett Packard Pavilion uses Office 2007 and I believe my 2003 Dell uses an older version of Office. I think I will have to do without a lot of my poker software firepower for a week however.
ForceRun
Any reason to backup is a perfect reason too. Take the time to make a copy of the files you care about and burn them to a DVD on put them on a second drive while you are moving things around. Two things most people forget to backup: Browser Bookmarks, and saved games.
Tony The Tiger
ForceRun wrote:
Any reason to backup is a perfect reason too. Take the time to make a copy of the files you care about and burn them to a DVD on put them on a second drive while you are moving things around. Two things most people forget to backup: Browser Bookmarks, and saved games.

I use to backup my files weekly when I was doing more important research. Now, I backup my laptop on the first of every month with Norton Save and Restore. I use the firefox FEBE extension to back up a lot of particulars about my browser. I am unsure what you mean by backing up saved games. I do not play video games. I do play online poker. My hand histories are part of the backup process. The software for the online gaming network that I playon updates itself and I do not believe storing version updates is useful since the software downloads are so easily accessible.