FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where is the best place to get cheap but qulity computerware

qazaman
I have an ok comp which has a celeron d processor 2 gig ram , 9400 gt and 80 gigs hardrive. Its ok when it comes to games seeing as i have an external 1 terabyte hardrive but i was wondering where i can get a new processor which is cheap and good. Thanks if anyone has any ideas. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Donutey
If you're in the US, newegg.com is the best. They're usually pretty close to being the cheapest, but they have a superb return department if something goes wrong.
Diablosblizz
Even in Canada, newegg.ca is the best way to go. Honestly, Tigerdirect always says "cheapest prices" although I ALWAYS find the same product on newegg.ca for at least $10+ cheaper.
ForceRun
I use to be a TigerDirect fan, but they have be replaced by Newegg.com for me.
william
Agreed with the above posters, you just can't beat Newegg. From time to time, though, some reputable retailers have good deals so you can save a bit of money with that route. However, Newegg seems to offer these deals more often that most. And their shell shockers are often quite something.
weableandbob
Newegg is probably the best, although it's often worth looking at Amazon as well once you find the hardware you want, as it's sometimes cheaper there
aningbo
Code:
Agreed with the above posters, you just can't beat Newegg. From time to time, though, some reputable retailers have good deals so you can save a bit of money with that route. However, Newegg seems to offer these deals more often that most. And their shell shockers are often quite something.

if u are in india, nothing beast nehru place in new delhi. buying electronic goods online is a big risk. comes with a lot of chinese fake stuffs
Helios
If you buy online you need to take into consideration the possible situation when you'd like to replace a broken piece of hardware. That's always difficult if you've ordered the part online from a store 1,000 kilometers away from you.

I order online, but from stores within the country. That ensures the best price and the ability to replace the part quickly.

Now, if you think you'll need "computer lab" services, which most stores offer, obviously buying from a local store is the only option you have.
ssweat
both tiger direct and newegg are great if orderng online, I personally use Frys electronics most commonly. If you have one located near by I suggest using them they have a great return policy and to me its more convenient to return if something is damaged, broken or for whatever reason than sending it back in the mail and possibly haveing to pay shipping or a restock fee.