FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Clean a wii game

milleja46
Anyone know of any smart and cheap ways to clean a wii disk? My dad recently found one at my church last week with a case messed up, but disk runs fine for a little while on my wii then then give wii could not read error. I have tried toothpaste but it did not run right afterwards because i forgot to remove it and left it on to long. Any ideas?
PureReborn
Its just a normal DVD disk so clean it the same way. So wipe it with soft cloth dipped in alcohol and then let it dry. Do it lightly so you dont scratch the disk and remember to wipe outwards.
milleja46
That doesn't work. It gets through the part where you ride the horse, then you jump out and when link wakes up someone yells to you and then it crashes.
slashnburn99
I dont know if you know of Brasso,

Used it on CDs and DVDs its a metal polish for getting rid of scratches.

Aplly a little and circular motions around the disc.

My 21 Blackjack DVD got scractched by a rubbish DVD player got back the bad sector worked ever since

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brasso
crossroads
I think the first thing I learned when I purchased our wii system is how to backup the disks so in case we do run into something like a damaged disc we wouldn't be out $50.00! You can read a lot of articles about how to back up wii games but you have to make sure you actually own the game before making a back up of the game. You cant actually save the files and make a back up without the original game so remember that first. Just go to google and search for "How to backup Wii games" or something like that and you should be able to find some good resources.

To fix a damaged disk I would suggest what everyone else is saying, use rubbing alcohol and wipe it softly. Some disks get too damaged and there isnt anything you can do no matter what.

Good luck!
weableandbob
Cleaning is fairly easy: get a damp cloth and wipe if from the center out, then dry it. Fixing scratches can be a bit harder: generally, the best DIY method is using brasso to wear down the rest of the disc, but what's probably best it just take it to a game store and have it cleaned for like $2.
milleja46
Yeah but i have already tried most of these except brasso suggestion. Crying or Very sad
ashishmundhra
milleja46 wrote:
Anyone know of any smart and cheap ways to clean a wii disk? My dad recently found one at my church last week with a case messed up, but disk runs fine for a little while on my wii then then give wii could not read error. I have tried toothpaste but it did not run right afterwards because i forgot to remove it and left it on to long. Any ideas?

No Idea sorry