FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Certain Scientific Railgun

Donutey
If you don't know, Railgun is the side story to Toaru Majutsu no Index. About every other thread on 4chan's /a/ is about raildex, so I decided to watch it.

I ended up watching the existing Railgun episodes first, then I switched to the (already completed) Index series. Index doesn't seem to be as much fun as Railgun (4 episodes in), but I'll probably watch it anyway...

Anyone watched/following this series?
jigoku05
I love Mikoto Misaka from Majutsu no Index so I read the scanlated chapters of Kagaku no Choudenjibo and then when they announced that there will be an anime, I was very happy. I Just watched episode 11 yesterday.
driftingfe3s
I watched all of Majutsu no Index, but I didn't like it too much. I got the first episode Railgun and scaned though it and didn't find it intrersteing so I bailed on it. If you end up watching it, please post your thoughts on it!
jigoku05
driftingfe3s wrote:
I watched all of Majutsu no Index, but I didn't like it too much. I got the first episode Railgun and scaned though it and didn't find it intrersteing so I bailed on it. If you end up watching it, please post your thoughts on it!

This series is a letdown. The latest arc is similar to Majutsu no Index where Misaka's clones are fighting Accelerator. It's like watching majutsu no index again.
Donutey
jigoku05 wrote:
driftingfe3s wrote:

This series is a letdown. The latest arc is similar to Majutsu no Index where Misaka's clones are fighting Accelerator. It's like watching majutsu no index again.

I would agree with you there. I've been disappointed since they haven't done the story arcs that Index didn't cover... The manga is much better.
jigoku05
No wait! I must be dizzy when I made that post. I was talking about the manga, In the manga the Misaka clones are fighting Accelerator which I thought would be just the same as in Majutsu no Index. But I was wrong. New enemies are introduced and it shows how Misaka destroyed the facilities that makes the clones.

The anime however, is getting boring. Recent episode are all fillers. I can't blame them coz the manga is just only a few chapters right now.
PureReborn
Think I like rail gun better than Index, mostly because I find esper more interesting than the magic side of things. The manga's going into a pretty interesting arc right now though and I'll looking forward to the anime getting to that. Its going through a few eps of filler right now so the manga can finish the arc first.
jigoku05
Yeah it's getting good! Railgun vs Meltdowner.