FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

pain in my eyes

ponda
Lately I can't do my work on my computer as much because my eyes start hurting/burning. I've tried adjusting brightness, wearing sunglasses, eyedrops..nothing. I went to my eye doctor, he said he can find nothing wrong...told me to take some tylenol. This happen to anyone else?
AftershockVibe
Well I'm afraid I can't help with your eye problem but taking tylenol for any amount of time is terrifically bad advice. Tylenol (or 'paracetamol' as they call it over here) is just a generic off-the-shelf painkiller so it's not going to solve the problem - just mask the symptoms. Furthermore, its much worse for your liver than other painkillers so don't expect to be able to drink much if you're taking them in any quantity.
lagoon
It's happened to me. Apparently I just had a cold which built up the pressure a bit behind my eyes. All a bit odd, anyway.
gtara1
Try to drink carrot juce.
pampoon
Sounds like sinus pressure. If you have bad sinuses, the pressure can build up in the cavity. Which just so happens to be right next to the eyes. The pressure pushes the eyes and causes a stain, which makes it painful to focus (flexing of the eye).

Take some Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) or some other decongestant and it should get better. If not, you should see an eye doctor.
Dirael
I would suggest that before trying any medicine you give your eyes more rest, because the problem may be in the additional stress that your eyes get from the computer (it is very likely, I had this problem myself).
You can take little breaks during the day and do some eye exercises. Start with palming, it is very easy to do and you can find a lot of information about it on the internet. Another very good exercise is to change focus - looking at distant objects for a few seconds, and then an object which is about 10 inches from your eyes - you can use your finger for this. These exercises can help a lot in the long run, they can help improve eyesight and make sure it doesn't get worse due to regular work at the computer.
Try this first before you use any medicine on your eyes.