FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to install Network Card in Fedora

tamilparks
I am new to Fedora, before that i am used the windows xp with service pack 3 here i have installed the network card, the driver for the network card is with me and i installed, after that i got a fedora CD, so i installed it, now my Network card is not displayed... but i dont know how to install the network card? i am having the CD also pls help me...
Fire Boar
What is your network card model? Most network cards are supported by the kernel, so there shouldn't be any need to do anything special: simply connect to the internet and you're done (the card will be called something like eth0 or eth1).

If it's a wireless card it might be called wlan0 or ath0. Wireless cards aren't quite as widely supported as ethernet cards: it varies quite widely between models. But we can't give any more information unless you tell us what your card model is.
malcolmpreen
more importantly perhaps... what is your version of Fedora ?

The newer the version, the more devices will likely be supported.... although potentially old (and unused!!) device support MAY be dropped by later releases.

The current Fedora release is 12

Malcolm
malcolmpreen
Sorry... meant to say.... every time I've installed Fedora it has auto-recognised any standard hardware on the machine. The only problem I had was with a USB connected tape drive, which required some googling and a bit of manual configuration.

Malcolm
Fire Boar
Easy on the double-post there... the edit button's there for a reason.

But good point: the distribution version is also helpful.