FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Rich Text Editor of Choice

RockaZA
When creating a CMS system/ Forum or Blog it becomes essential to use a Rich Text Editor. Which typically replaces a text input box. It gives WYSIWYG text editing abilities, so that you can easily format your text, add images etc.

I've tried a number of them in the past but up till now the best one I have come across is CKeditor.
http://ckeditor.com/

Although its a bit big, its was the easiest to implement, is the best looking and has some very nice advanced features.

I also tried the Yahoo Rich Text editor, which is also good, but abandoned it after I found it too hard to look and act the way I wanted it too. (My javascript knowledge is very minimal). However if you're an advanced javascript programmer you would probably like Yahoo's version more, since it is highly customizable.
[url]
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/editor/[/url]
rvec
I always liked fckeditor (renamed to ckeditor for obvious reasons) and tinymce. Depending on the user I'd always choose the big and slow with loads of features(ckeditor) or the tiny and fast one (tinymce).
Fire Boar
rvec wrote:
I always liked fckeditor (renamed to ckeditor for obvious reasons) and tinymce. Depending on the user I'd always choose the big and slow with loads of features(ckeditor) or the tiny and fast one (tinymce).

I agree here. Though tinymce works much better with the Drupal framework than ckeditor currently, rather, the WYSIWYG plugin for Drupal has better support for tinymce than for ckeditor.

So while on the whole ckeditor is more feature-packed, this isn't the case with the Drupal CMF.
rvec
you should try to use the latest version of fckeditor instead of ckeditor, (pre 3.0) I think that will work better on drupal.
RockaZA
well since i'm using ckeditor for a CMS I really like ckfinder and how eay it is to integrate into ckeditor (although I'm only using the demo atm since u need to pay for it).

It makes uploading images and media to the server very easy. Also it gives u the ability to manage images etc on the server.
inphurno
i also vote for tinymce, i'm using it with my drupal post pages, it is customizable and pretty light so no complaints yet Smile