FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GMail Drive

tommy.studio
Do u want to have a 2GB GMail Drive?
GMail Drive can help u!!!

u can upload more than 2GB files to the GMail Drive!

GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail as a storage medium. GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your...

http://download.softpedia.com/software/internet/email/gmailfs108.zip
coolclay
Sorry to break it to ya but apparently you haven't used "gmail drive" lately. It isn't working, see this post http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10150. Gooogle must have changed there login procedure so that it can not be used my Gmail FS.
aardvark
Does still work. Place to go to download the latest version is tinyurl.com/63blj
mars
coolclay wrote:
Sorry to break it to ya but apparently you haven't used "gmail drive" lately. It isn't working, see this post http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10150. Gooogle must have changed there login procedure so that it can not be used my Gmail FS.

yeah, I can't use it now.
tommy.studio
But I can use it untill now .
I hope I can use it for more time.
win66
mars wrote:
coolclay wrote:

yeah, I can't use it now.

same with me. I think Gmail change something already.
Tasadduq Khan
I can access gmail drive and using it right now. Dont know you guys still accessing it or not. But it is really cool. I am using it for the first time and hoping I will use it in future also.
James007
@Tommy:
1. It's already around for quit a time.
2. Don't direct link, if a new version comes out, people won't know it.

2GB storage spaces sounds tempting, but as you already know, the attachment size has a maximum of 10MB, so you will have to split files larger than 10MB.

James Smile
Hoss
I've had it before. It worked nicely. I used it to get my music at school. Then it decided to stop working, so I was all bummed out and crap. lol
Deji
one thing is it might be against googles TOS for gmail to use this

i cant imagine categoricaly but signing up to an email service and using it entirely as webstorage wouldnt realy qualify as fair use.
Donutey
GMAIL FS's functionality is broken whenever google updates or changes its gmail service. So you just have to keep updating to use a gmail drive (mine works perfectly right now with version 1.0.8 )

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

i don't believe it's against google's tos as of now... and the people at vksoe.dk say they will quit offering gmail fs if it does become against google's tos...

gmail fs isnt necessarily webstorage, it essentially just send an email with an attachment to your account automatically to act as a pseudo drive. (you could just send emails to yourself with the same result)
nntien
I used GMail Drive software. For a day, I could not receive some folders sent before. And I removed it.
I don't like it, now!
lrdslr
2GB is a good space for a email system... but not for a virtual drive... the limit of 10MB por file is bad...
Tasadduq Khan
yeah totaly agree with you.
10 MB limit is totaly .............
and gmail drive uses your email inbox after uploading files. means you have only 2.6 GB space to use. Very Happy
ronitvohra
I did use the A long time back.....When it started in the beginning..

And I dont like the way gmail handle tht,like protection with a limit..

But Still gmail Services rocks..........
nntien
lrdslr wrote:
2GB is a good space for a email system... but not for a virtual drive... the limit of 10MB por file is bad...

The limit of 10MB per file, not so good, but making comparision of the similar free mail box, I think it is better than others!
ronitvohra
nntien wrote:
lrdslr wrote:

The limit of 10MB per file, not so good, but making comparision of the similar free mail box, I think it is better than others!

I agree tht Its Better than others...........
Rhysige
I have GMAIL Drive... havnt used it but ive got it.
Using it fair on Gmail? well I havnt seen it being against their TOS and I think dont abuse and they wnt mind if you use. So dont use it as your private stash for files you dont want your parents/siblings/significant other finding.
52tease
This service https://www.xmailharddrive.com/beta/ is much better than Gmail Drive because you don't have to install anything (less a chance of breakage), it can install files up to 20MB (they say they're planning on upping the limit when they get more sponsors), and, as a web-based application, it is completely platform independent.

headlong
I really love this small piece of software, just 125KB.

Now my only concern is the speed of my internet connection!
slashgrab
Well, 2GB is very tempting, but it's to know that, apart from the 10MB per file limitation, you also have another one: you must upload files. OK that seems stupid saying, but uploading 10MB will take a while. Other services which are free might be greater, we'll have to look and see...