FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to upload a folder?

venkateshwarans
I have installed php-nuke in my website. I have downloaded a template in a folder. I have the link only to upload files. I need to upload a full folder. Uploading all the files one by one is gonna be cumbersome. " how to upload a folder?"
n0obie4life
Through cpanel. No way.

Through FTP, yes.
Bockman
didn't u get the template on a .zip file or .tar.gz? u can upload the compressed filr to the themes folder and then unzip it.
if u have uncompressed for edit, u can then upload the changed files. easier than uploading them one by one.
The FTP is a good idea, but it slows up sometimes, as your FTP tries and establish to many connections (1 per file)

Be Well Cool
budazz
how to unzip it...i tried it...but it doesnt have a control where to unzip it...

same problem...with the copy and move control ++++ option.... Laughing
Sunny
how to unzip it...i tried it...but it doesn't have a control
Quote:
where to unzip it...

Click the zip file on left side..then look on right side where it says "extract contents" click it. Also gives option to copy and move on right side too. But you need to click the file in order to see the menu.
budazz
Sunny wrote:
how to unzip it...i tried it...but it doesn't have a control
Quote:
where to unzip it...

Click the zip file on left side..then look on right side where it says "extract contents" click it. Also gives option to copy and move on right side too. But you need to click the file in order to see the menu.

ok mybe i should try it...later thnks for the reply... Very Happy
yupeng
Use your FTP.
Or you can use ZIP tools to do it.
Very easy to do it.
1day
ty for this info guys i needed it aswell Very Happy

EDIT: PHP-Nuke-7.8.zip
File Type: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract

Archive: PHP-Nuke-7.8.zip

whats the v2.0 extracor and wher do i get it from?
boringest
you should always use cPanel's zip extraction service for big uploads! Using an FTP connection's always very slow i find!
Daniel15
1day wrote:
ty for this info guys i needed it aswell Very Happy

EDIT: PHP-Nuke-7.8.zip
File Type: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract

Archive: PHP-Nuke-7.8.zip

whats the v2.0 extracor and wher do i get it from?

This means that that ZIP file was created with a program that uses version 2.0 of the ZIP format. This usually isn't important (unless you try using a really old ZIP program).

To unzip your ZIP file, just click on it in cPanel. Then, on the side (where there is options such as Move, Copy, etc.) there should be an 'Unzip' or 'Extract' option. I haven't used it before, but it should work.
gonzo
n0obie4life wrote:
Through cpanel. No way.

Bzzzt! Wrong answer. Would you like to guess again? Wink

daniel15 wrote:

To unzip your ZIP file, just click on it in cPanel. Then, on the side (where there is options such as Move, Copy, etc.) there should be an 'Unzip' or 'Extract' option. I haven't used it before, but it should work.

Want to guess now, n0obie4life? hehe

It works fine with a few minor irritations. IF you upload a ZIP file SOME servers will NOT correctly assign filetype permissions. IF you upload a GZ file created under *nix the permissions are MORE LIKELY to propogate correctly. I haven't been able to determine which, if any, cPanel-server-side configurations influence default permission sets. You're waaaaaay better off using something like FileZilla or FlashFXP to upload batches of files with nested subdirectories
n0obie4life
He said folder. Not ZIP.
gonzo
n0obie4life wrote:
He said folder. Not ZIP.

uhhhhhh

Rolling Eyes

ZIP the folder?

Idea
1day
daniel15 wrote:

This is what i've done to get the message i got.. i need an extactor.. anyone got a good one i could use for it and how do i use it for it?
threezeroone
I didn't know that there's a tool for unzipping zip files in the CPANEL.. thats nice..hope it'll work when I try it.
venkateshwarans
Looking at all your suggestions - I downloaded smartftp. The theme works absolutely fine. Check out www.ven.frihost.net/experience/ Thanks for ur suggestions.