FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPod Touch

ssweat
These things are amazing, How can they pak this much technology into such a little package? I have recently bought 4 of them for only $100 to $150 each on craigslist restored them and jailbroke them. Now they can use 3rd party apps and change themes etc... Hoping to make a small profit from them all.
Does any other forum members own one? My 2 sons have them as welll and i hooked them to skype now they can call me like an iphone. Very Happy
Diablosblizz
They're crappy products filled with problems. For example, my sister has owned two and both touch screens have gone. The wireless drops constantly when it's right beside the router and it's just horrible all together. I own a iPod classic and personally I wish I had gotten a Zune HD instead.

iTunes is another horrible piece of crap software that Apple is so freaking proud of, no idea why that is. Thank the LORD I use Windows Media Player to sync my iPod, can't stand that horrible program.
guth75
I have an iPod Touch and love it, so I disagree with Diablosblizz

If you need some names for games/apps you can ask me! Very Happy
jwellsy
Do any aps for the itouch work for text messaging to 5 digit short codes? Do any of you use it at all for texting?
ssweat
i havent tried it but if you can direct me to some sources or programs i would gladly give it a try. I love how the itouch screen responds to touch it would definately be easier to text with than my blackberry, I have very large fingers and my blackberry buttons are just not friendly to those, I do however find my self typing much quicker on the touch.
Denvis
I was thinking about buying an iPod Touch 3G 16GB for about $400 AUS but it's to big. I hate the idea of carrying a massive mp3/mp4 player along with my phone and wallet. Man bags are out of the question. Laughing I've only ever used an apple product twice, high school computers and the first generation of iPod shuffles years back.

I've always thought, if you want something with apps, have games, be able to watch videos and all sorts of practical activities go for the iPhone. I like the idea of hardware doing one specific job so the developers put their entire time on that one specific job. I liked the tiny ipod shuffle and the new ipod nano. Small, inexpensive and gets the job done (:
adrenaline
ssweat wrote:
These things are amazing, How can they pak this much technology into such a little package? I have recently bought 4 of them for only $100 to $150 each on craigslist restored them and jailbroke them. Now they can use 3rd party apps and change themes etc... Hoping to make a small profit from them all.
Does any other forum members own one? My 2 sons have them as welll and i hooked them to skype now they can call me like an iphone. Very Happy

Yes I do.
In fact, my sister (who doesn't live here anymore) also got one.
I read a bit in the internet before jailbreaking it - and now it is jailbroken!

I simply love it, all the funny apps, games and everything!
I have an iPod Touch 3G 32GB. How about you?
ProwerBot
I saved my money and bought one last thursday. I don't really understand how people complain about these things. It really is the single best investment I have ever made in my entire life...
misterXY
l own a 8GB and 32GB 3G iPod Touch, used too be a Rogers www.rogers.com iPhone technician, my God what some people do too it, unbelievable. The old "Issue is between the chair and keyboard". Don't use a case with the iPod/iPhone when charging it, or your around the house. One, back of the thing is a heat sink, Two the silver lining is the antenna, take off the case and notice a HUGE spike in coverage (including WiFi). Also don't use screen protectors (Using one on a iPod touch it doesn't matter much, but when it starts too get unresponsive, REMOVE it!).

If something won't work, go through these steps
Hard Reset (Power + Home key till silver Apple, works 99% of the time)
Below. YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING! MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP/SYNC FREQUENTLY! Music doesn't get backed up, no matter what you use (iPhone 2G/3G/3Gs iPod Any)
Force Restore in iTunes
Now if that doesn't work, DFU mode it.
And if that doesn't work, your boned.
Also, for my Canadian brothers and sisters, Rogers isn't getting the "4G iPhone".
Rogers
2G = Edge. Never came too Canada
3G = 3G network
3Gs = 3G network, s is literally for "speed" as it's twice as fast.
4G = 4G network, only if you live in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), even then, unlikely. Reason why l quit, got tired of same callers saying YES IT'S COMING, and telling their friends that it is. IT'S NOT.

By the way, iPhone OS 4.0 Razz nice! Expect there's going too be folders... Sad

Update, also don't buy N routers, won't and will never work. If stuck, call manufacturer too degrade too G)
ProwerBot
Well I've had my iPod since January, like in my post above, and there are a couple of things I find odd.

1. It wobbles when sitting on a table. Not that big of a deal, but I would like to use it like that sometimes.
2. The external speaker is a little too quiet.
3. I like the thinness of it, but sometimes I feel like it's so thin I'm going to snap it in half ):
4. The on-screen volume slider occassionally freezes and if I try to slide it it just moves back to where it was.

Otherwise it is absolutely amazing and I'm glad I didn't buy any other device (: