FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

get paid to be right wing troll!

handfleisch
This company, set up by a FOX radio talkshow host, boasts of their trolls for hire.

http://advantageconsultants.org
Moonspider
handfleisch wrote:
This company, set up by a FOX radio talkshow host, boasts of their trolls for hire.

http://advantageconsultants.org

They're not the only bloggers for hire or professional bloggers. And the trend will continue to increase. Blogging is rapidly becoming a business, a professional media outlet. Any politician worth his or her salt will take advantage of all media opportunities to get their message across.

Rise of the Professional Blogger

By the way, I looked extensively through their sites and found nothing that tied them to one political party or another. It seems by looking at their material that they are simply consultants for hire to anyone who wishes to hire them. However the CEO is certainly a conservative, so maybe he'd turn money away from a Democrat, I don't know.

However if one side is doing it, all sides are doing it.

Respectfully,
M
deanhills
@Moonspider. Agreed. Even the New York Times have blogs attached to their online Newspaper.
http://www.blogrunner.com/

Like everything else however, there are blogs and blogs and quality can vary a lot. This is a blog I would have no interest in:
http://politicalblogs.org/
lagoon
I have a blog, but I spend very little time on it; about 20 minutes every two days. I just write up what I think about the day's political (and other) news.
ocalhoun
Moonspider wrote:

True for so many different things!
jwellsy
Good. I bet they get more business than they can handle. Maybe, they should also try to get tax money to hire criminals to register fictitious voters and influence census taking to redraw districts.
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
Good. I bet they get more business than they can handle. Maybe, they should also try to get tax money to hire criminals to register fictitious voters and influence census taking to redraw districts.
Isn't some of that happening anyway, indirectly? There seems to be even an organization for doing that? Refer discussion in ACORN funding thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-110278-2.html

and also an article in Wikipedia about ACORN's role in the last Presidential election:
Quote:
ACORN is a nonpartisan organization, but its legally separate political action arm frequently endorses left-leaning causes and candidates, including the 2008 Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama. ACORN has lobbied in every Democratic National Convention since 1980 and has had members elected as delegates to those conventions; ACORN has also lobbied at Republican conventions. ACORN has been criticized by Republicans for its support of a Democratic candidate and for its general support of political positions that are more often favored by Democrats.

and
Quote:
ACORN has an annual budget of approximately $25 million USD with approximately 10% of those funds coming from federal sources, a smaller figure from state sources, and the rest coming from supporters and membership. HUD estimates that ACORN received $42 million USD since the 2000 budget year while the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee estimates that ACORN received $53 million in federal funds since 1994

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Community_Organizations_for_Reform_Now
medesignz
these are people who comments on blog posts not blog themselves, right?
deanhills
medesignz wrote:
these are people who comments on blog posts not blog themselves, right?
As far as I can see they are talking about bloggers, but I would imagine people who comment on blogs would count as well, depending on their comment, and sometimes how famous or infamous they are.
jmi256
Moonspider wrote:

Agreed. In fact, here are some ads I found on craigslist advertising to hire 'grassroots' employees (that would make this 'astroturf', correct?). The ads on craigslist are deleted after a time, so I've copy/paste the contents below. It would be funny to get a ‘job’ at one of these places and mess with them.

Quote:

*FT Work for Greenpeace to STOP GLOBAL WARMING - $12-$13/hr* (Union Square)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-12-10, 9:06AM EST
Reply to: see below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you looking to make a change in the world?

Greenpeace is currently hiring motivated and confident individuals to build its grassroots power.

GREENPEACE is the world’s largest organization standing up for the environment and disarmament. We are a global group of activists committed to stopping global warming, protecting ancient forests, preserving our oceans, and protecting communities from toxic threats.

GLOBAL WARMING IS NOW. From melting glaciers to rising sea levels, people around the world are threatened because of our reliance on dirty fossil fuels. Our government has been slow to support renewable energy because they are largely influenced by Big Oil and Big Coal.

THAT IS WHY WE NEED YOU! Greenpeace is hiring individuals to join our Frontline fundraising team here in New York. The pay is $12-$13 per hour plus bonus and benefits. The best employees looking for careers are trained to manage Greenpeace offices or local campaign work.

Call (646)225-7015 for your chance to be the change

FULL-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE full-time, students, grads, graduates, environment, environmental, social change, progressive, global warming, peace, summer, year-round, amazon, forests, toxic technology, learn, career, principles, Greenpeace, green, oil dependence, renewable energy

Compensation: $12-$13 hourly non-commission wage plus bonus and benefits (5-day training period at $10/hr.)

Source = http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/npo/1503520801.html

Quote:

Work for Reproductive Rights!

Date: 2009-12-09, 6:21PM EST
Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. is currently running campaigns to protect equal rights nationwide! We are committed to working on behalf of organizations that protect and restore basic civil liberties. From marriage equality to reproductive rights, access to health care, and safety from violence, we must hold our elected leaders accountable to moving forward on these issues and more. Our mission is to educate the public and build support for key progressive organizations.

We are looking for goal-oriented leaders with strong communication skills to direct one of our 30 campaign offices across the United States!

For a detailed Job Description and Qualifications, visit www.grassrootscampaigns.com!

Locations:
We are hiring here in New York as well as in other locations nationwide.

To Apply:
Visit us at www.grassrootscampaigns.com or send a cover letter and resume to Erin at jobs@grassrootscampaigns.com.

Grassroots Campaigns past and current clients include: Democratic National Committee, MoveOn.org Political Action, League of Conservation Voters, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, American Civil Liberties Union, Common Cause,, Working America, Amnesty International, Center for American Progress, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, and Save the Children. (Save the Children is an independent organization and is not religiously or politically aligned. Save the Children has no direct affiliation with the organizations Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. partners with.)

Compensation: $24,000 a year, optional healthcare

Source = http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/npo/1502896339.html
^^This one is interesting because they call even themselves “Grassroots Campaigns” as they are obviously hiring supporters. It’s also interesting that the liberals who claim healthcare is a ‘human right’ are only offering it as an “optional” benefit. Nice hypocrisy.

Quote:

***CAMPAIGN TO PROTECT NEW YORK'S DRINKING WATER - $11-16/HR ***

Date: 2009-12-09, 1:19PM EST

Make Change Happen! Do Something That Matters!
Work with Environment New York
Join The Fight, Make A Real Impact
Help Protect New York's Drinking Water
You Can Make a Real Difference!
Change is in the air. You can help leading organizations win historic changes on issues that you care about and that are important to America.

The Fund for the Public Interest has been working for over 25 years with organizations such as Environment America, Human Rights Campaign, Progressive Future and U.S. PIRG to win concrete victories for the public interest. We are the nation's premier nonprofit for raising money, building membership and winning grassroots campaigns.

Go out in your community and make change happen.

And make friends and money along the way!

Apply now at www.JobsThatMatter.org

*Full-time, Part-time, Leadership & Career Positions Available

To apply for a job, visit our website or call Chris at 646-473-0905.

Current Campaign:
Help Protect Our Drinking Water From Drilling
New Yorkers have always enjoyed some of the cleanest drinking water in the country. But now, the oil and gas industry wants to drill in upstate New York — right in the watershed where 9 million people get their tap water. Gas drilling releases toxic chemicals, methane and contaminated wastewater — all of which pose a huge threat to the health of our drinking water. That's why Environment New York is urging our state officials to protect our drinking water from dangerous drilling.

Work alongside other motivated staff who share your passion for change!

Join the Our Staff & Be Part of a Winning Team!

We need people like you!

Apply Now!

Compensation: $11-16 / HOUR

Source = http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/npo/1502361898.html
ocalhoun
jmi256 wrote:
Quote:
Grassroots Campaigns, Inc.

^.^

I think I'll register the name 'astroturf campaigns, inc' before it's taken!
deanhills
[quote="jmi256"]
Quote:

*FT Work for Greenpeace to STOP GLOBAL WARMING - $12-$13/hr* (Union Square)

Date: 2009-12-10, 9:06AM EST

Are you looking to make a change in the world?

Greenpeace is currently hiring motivated and confident individuals to build its grassroots power.
This does create an interesting picture, almost like opinions that can be up for sale and getting salesmen to buy opinions? Out of curiosity, where does Greenpeace get its funding from?