FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anybody been to Overeaters Anonymous??

peaceupnorth
Has anybody been to Overeaters Anonymous??

If so, what do you think of their program? Does it work?

I think food addictions are the most tricky of addictions, because one simply cannot just avoid food, you know?
deanhills
I think it would entirely depend on the specific members of the Overeaters Anonymous Group, but for me, if I did have problems like that, by joining up I would feel like eating more than less. The only way to really stop is to make a complete radical lifestyle change, and if that is difficult to do on your own, I would rather go for a life coach that would help me with what to do and focus on positive and can-do, rather than a group that focuses on rules of what not to do. I have not used them myself, but have noticed a number of people getting good results with life coaches. Life coaches would focus on creating positive alternatives along the lines of "what to do" empowering you, whereas the Anonymous Groups usually focus on "what not to do" rules in order to get to your goals, making the "what not to do" rules into mantras and hurdles that can trip you up and make you feel helpless.