FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spider-Man 3

gh0stface
Rumor has it the two new villains for Spider-Man 3 are going to be Venom and Sandman. Topher Grace is suppose to play Venom while Thomas Hayden Church is to play Sandman. It has supposedly been confirmed by Kirsten Dunst.

Here is the Link

At the end of Spider-Man 2, you'd think that Green Goblin would be back, played by Harry Osborn, Peter Park's best friend, since he discovered the hidden cash of weapons and costume.

As for the new villains, I can't imagine Topher Grace playing Venom at all. For those who don't know who Topher Grace is, he plays Eric Foreman on "That 70's Show". Venom is suppose to be 6'2 230-240lbs. Topher Grace is only about 6'0 and 120lbs... It's going to be extremely hard to vision him as a menacing Venom.

Hopefully the CGI for Sandman won't be too cheesey either.
JaeCee
Spiderman III huh .. hope it lives up to the first 2.
windval
spider man 3!!!
i cannot wait!!
squeakypants
Topher Grace?! wow, that is definately going to be weird. I'm not really surprised that it isn't going to be Goblin, since everyone hates him (not hates as in "oh i hope spiderman beats him up" but hates as in "that stupid power ranger villian wasn't entertaining at all and was the downfall of the first movie"). I was expecting Venom, as Venom and Doc Oc are the poster villians of spiderman.
valay5
The first two were highly entertaining. I'm sure the third one will be another fabulous movie.
dragonflame
kinda funny if they picked topher. I always had a hard time telling him and tobey mcguire apart.
SilverDogg
i cant quite see that guy to be venom O_o. he is too skinny!

i havent seen spiderman 2 yet though. have to see that one first ;P. i wonder if i know anyone who owns it ;/
pagaldivanna
i watched spider man 2 movie and i got game for spider man 1 and 2 for PS2........i enjoyed playing and watchign Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Twikki
it's meant to be out May 2007 but what happened to green goblin Sad
mengshi200
I feel strange this film more like a myth story,but absence of depth.
gh0stface
Twikki wrote:

I wouldn't be suprised if he shows up in like the 4th or 5th Spider-Man film. They sure are milking this franchise for as much money as they can. The Lizard will probably be a future villain as Doc Connors WAS in Spider-Man 2.
kain
ok, first of all... The Sandman was Spiderman's stupidest enemy ever! That's so dumb. AND In Spider-man 2, They set it up perfectly for the Hob Goblin to arise. That makes me mad about the sandman. But Venom is spiderman's hardest enemy. That'll be good.
sandmanxyz
wow!!! venom is a terrific fighter.he's very strong and he made doubt spiderman about his possibilities to fight with him.I think this movie will be the best of the three .
Twikki
are there any pics of the guy who plays venom

and will carnage be in it as well
memsa
This seems like an excellent start. Can't wait to see it.
AgenthHero
I love the series. I cant wait for the third one. Cool, now theres gonna be two villians except one. I like that Smile
wackyhighlighters
i cant beleive theres going to be a new spiderman. its a bit scary really! i cant imagine what a third film would be like, - they'd have to make it good seeing as all the others are amazing!
shahafdbz
wow spiderman 3!
CamiBor
ther's gonna be spiderman3?that's so cool, i love the first 2 movies, hope i'll like this one too=]
af169
i can't open it !
bharatchoragudi
Spidy 3 is comin???? I didn't even know.. we were just expecting XXX3 And Fast And Furios 3...

Wow Is the trailer ready.. Is it available.. Can ne one send the link plzzz... Thanks

Ciao
BurgerPimp07
Wow, finally, venom. I've been waiting for venom to appear since I first heard about the spiderman sequel. Takes way too long for the next marvel films to come out though. Why can't they be like lord of the rings and come out with a movie back to back every year.
Scaramanga
gh0stface wrote:
Twikki wrote:

I wouldn't be suprised if he shows up in like the 4th or 5th Spider-Man film. They sure are milking this franchise for as much money as they can. The Lizard will probably be a future villain as Doc Connors WAS in Spider-Man 2.

Plus Connors gets a mention in the first movie as well. Yeah I really thought this third outing was going to feature the Lizard as well. And it's a surprise that Raimi is doing Venom because IIRC after the success of the first film people asked him if he was going to do Venom next and I believe he said he didn't want to do a film with Venom in it (unless of course he did it due to studio pressure.)

gh0stface wrote:
As for the new villains, I can't imagine Topher Grace playing Venom at all. For those who don't know who Topher Grace is, he plays Eric Foreman on "That 70's Show". Venom is suppose to be 6'2 230-240lbs. Topher Grace is only about 6'0 and 120lbs... It's going to be extremely hard to vision him as a menacing Venom.

I'll generally give Raimi the benefit of the doubt, as most people didn't think Maguire could play Spider-Man, but look how much he bulked up for the role. And I kinda think Raimi is going for Topher as an anti-Spider-man rather than an exact copy of the Venom from the comics. And again, IIRC wasn't Topher originally one of the people slated to play Peter?
Goatmonkey
I heard that as well and I thought that harry would be in it as the goblin. I really hope that the CGI is done well.
alkady
Thats a bit old news, But it never hurts to discuss about spidey does it? I cannot wait for Spidey 3, It was supposed to come out this year but they moved it to next, What can you expect.
Jeff_vella_leone
well spiderman 2 is my favourite movie of last year and this one too because this year they didnt make any movies of that level neighter.
Im a fan of spiderman, i allways liked the cartoons when i was a kid now i still like the story much. Spiderman movies r just perfect and i can't wait till 2007 to see spiderman 3 Sad
I saw spiderman movies like 9 times each lol
April_May
Wow.. The third one has gotta be as good as the second. I doubt/hope harry osbourn would turn evil though. Its too typical and at the end of spiderman 2 he expressed his disgust at wat his father did. And how come the green goblin tried to kill his son anyway? That would just send the trilogy off the plot. But then again.. peter getting the girl they both liked would send him off his roker too. I still hope harry doest turn evil till the 4th
Rachael
that sounds really awesome!! i cant wait to see it! hope its as good as the others
canakalin
woav venom hah but how spiderman stop it? venom is unstopabble and i think in 4th movie there'll be carnage then?
matt87
Whats with all these diffrent movies making a third one? I have a feeling this 3rd movie is going to suck. I would love to watch it thought...
michael88
oh, really cool, i can not wait. when will be on?
darklighter
I really want to see it, can hardly wait! Very Happy I just hope it's as good as the other 2 were. But i suppose this one will be as wonderfull as the 2 first.
Scaramanga
michael88 wrote:
oh, really cool, i can not wait. when will be on?

It's not being released until sometime in 2007 (Summer perhaps?)
They just started filming in November 2005, so they've probably got a ways to go. Plus you've got to factor in all the post-production and CGI this film is going to need.
KRONIC
well i really cant wait for the release of spiderman 3!! but i really find that it is too long to wait for it!! 2007!! wow. but i am sure it is worth the wait. i have'nt seen any of the trailers as yet though.
boocherry
I like movies that cast actors you would not normally expect to star. It could be interesting to see a smaller guy playing what people invision as a large villian.
Scaramanga
KRONIC wrote:
well i really cant wait for the release of spiderman 3!! but i really find that it is too long to wait for it!! 2007!! wow. but i am sure it is worth the wait. i have'nt seen any of the trailers as yet though.

I would imagine they'd actually have to have some footage before they'd release trailers/teasers. Remember, they just started filming barely 2 months ago. I expect this will be a HUGE buzz at this years Comic-Con.
Custom
Cool they were pretty good films live up to its name well lets wait and see!!
inman
You know a workprint* of the movie was released to the net by a group, today. Soon it was found that it not a WorkPrint and was only a set of photos, displayed as a slideshow to look like a video. How crazy can people go?

*A workprint is a copy of the film that has not been finished. It can be missing scenes, music, and quality can range from excellent to very poor. Some WPs are very different from the final print (Men In Black is missing all the aliens, and has actors in their places) and others can contain extra scenes (Jay and Silent Bob) . WPs can be nice additions to the collection once a good quality final has been obtained
miteshphalak
Kirsten Dunst has Problems with Toby Maguire while shooting Spiderman #3.So she may not Come to Premier with Flying Spiderman,Otherwise Intended!!!
Disclosure:-Above messege is 100% Rumour,Zero Truth.Hence Enjoy entertaining Rumours!!!
user1024
I was really surprised about the second part. The first one was great, and I had second thoughts about part 2. But the second one could hold water. And now I know the third movie will be as good as the other ones. I can't wait for this blockbuster. Can anyone confirm the release date to be the May 4th, 2007??
James Cromwell is set to join SpiderMan 3 as Captain Stacy, the father of Bryce Dallas Howard's character, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Sam Raimi is directing the movie, which is scheduled to roll this month. In the "Amazing Spider-Man" comic books, Stacy dies a heroic death as he saves a child during a battle between Spider-Man and another supervillain.
Peter Parker love interest Gwen Stacy (Howard) ends up blaming Spider-Man for her father's death. Cromwell joins returning cast members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco as well as Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church and Theresa Russell.
activate
Spiderman sucks, its a bad script.
phinguyen
i luv venom and luv carnage even more the symbiots are the greatest elements in spiderman even when peter gets aquanted with the venom symbiot as well. but how the hell are they gonna make venom ans stuff without making it look completely fake. i mean doc oc's arms were almost too fake looking in some scenes. and i thought green goblin'z son takes one the role of hobgoblin. but wait, i thought mary jane dies from green goblin... or was that gwen?? man i've been out of the comic realm for yearz and yearz.
Jeff_vella_leone
phinguyen wrote:
i luv venom and luv carnage even more the symbiots are the greatest elements in spiderman even when peter gets aquanted with the venom symbiot as well. but how the hell are they gonna make venom ans stuff without making it look completely fake. i mean doc oc's arms were almost too fake looking in some scenes. and i thought green goblin'z son takes one the role of hobgoblin. but wait, i thought mary jane dies from green goblin... or was that gwen?? man i've been out of the comic realm for yearz and yearz.

yep venom and carnage are nearly the best parts of spiderman allthough the unification of all the spiderman's from all worlds wasnt bad neighter.
well no mary jane is lost in the portal that hopgoblin uses to travel through places not dead. it comes after.
well movies thend to ****** the stories usually, with missing parts and even different endings. Like bathman movies, different from comics.
well hope that spider man 3 comes earlier than 2007 though
XeRo
I think the Spiderman 3 suit is amazing, hope the movie too, cuz the 2 was great.
NemoySpruce
Venom is real cool, he is one of the more interesting villains. Eddie Brock was a body building investigative reporter who 'wanted to win the approval of his father' (spiderfan.org) how stupid is that? the symbiote is a living organism that turns into a suit.. I wonder what would happen if it merged with a transvestite cross dressing wacko... anyways. put them together and you get something entirely different.. VENOM!! i hope they dont screw it up!! I also hope the bring CARNAGE in the next one!!
Miss Saigon
Of course it's not the Green Goblin.

1. When Harry found the uniform and weapons, he wasn't happy about it. It was a truthful revelation and it showed him that Peter had had a reason for killing his father, it didn't mean that he was instantly going to BE the Goblin.

2. He couldn't even if he wanted to. Osborne was zapped with the human-enhancement machine, giving him strenth and inhuman power. Harry wouldn't stand a chance against Spiderman.

3. His identity wouldn't be much of a secret. Peter would guess it in seconds. So would MJ.
djfreakske
i am really looking forware off seeing this move because i think the venom and sandman are the best characters of this movie. i just love the effects of it. hope it comes out soon.
salcha00
gh0stface wrote:
Twikki wrote:

I am a little late to start the conversation, But I don't mind them making more spiderman movies. They are great.
ajitha999
I heard that as well and I thought that harry would be in it as the goblin. I really hope that the CGI is done well.
_________________ Wink Wink Wink Wink
Starrfoxx
This movie was okay, but it was rather weak compared to the other two. And from what I read there isn't going to be another movie with Tobey.
Radar
They tried to fit a lot of material into the movie, and it more or less worked. I think it was stronger than the second one. The first film of anything I typically think is better - what can I say, I like the beginning of stories, and characters discovering their potential.
brayanaustin
It's like a buffet. You look at the cast and the trailers, and you just start drooling over the possibilities. But they just exaggerated stuff you fill, and the juicy part of the film does not start until mid-term.
gonzales
Spiderman is one-on-one battle with the Sandman and the scene is the largest crane highlights. I thought these features would offset the weaknesses of film.Spider-Man 3 is awesome, even taking into account the fact that his only ambition often does more harm than good.
rayxzero
I hope they still continue this movie because there is some rumor that Spiderman 3 will be the last saga for Tobey Maguire.
janysek
This film had the hallmarkings of a great! After the first two films literally set the character scenes and the hopeful return of the goblin this film could have been fantastic!The story of the film is really very nice.
asnani04
Spider Man 3 was nice. Venom's role was played really well, and our own Spidey was great, as usual. I miss those days of Spider man. I wish there would be another part to it.
Insanity
I saw the Amazing Spider-man. That was a pretty cool movie too. It didn't stay too much with the original series, but it's nice to have a reboot and a story that doesn't involve the classic Mary Jane but instead someone new. It's not bad that Emma Stone is the main character either.
Blummer
Stone's character, Stacy, is actually featured in the original comics, together with MJ, but I don't exactly recall the plot..I believe it was Stacy being with Peter when he broke with MJ.