FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the Price Range of New Computer in your Country

k_s_baskar
Hi all,
I want to know the price range of New Desktop computers (including TAX) world wide. Here in India i can buy a low end computer for $239 to $400 (with Intel Atom or AMD sempron) and highend from $478 to $695.
(please convert your local currency to US dollors Smile)
chatrack
Latest specification of ram/HD/core2do/pentium CPU i collected
a quatation from local computer assembling unit as Rs.15,000 (for cpu unit only) 320USD approx.
erlendhg
Here in Norway, I would say that if you want a computer (desktop) that is somewhat usable, you would get one from NOK 5000 (approximately 700USD) and up. Of course, you could get much cheaper than that, but that is probably the lowest I would go when I should by myself a new desktop computer.

Actually laptops are also somewhat in the same price range.

Then, of course, the price might get as high as you just want. Also, concider that I might be a bit picky when you see the prices I have specified Razz
QrafTee
In the US, an entry model can be as low as $285 after tax and as high as $3300 after tax--not counting custom-built, self-built, special order, specialty store, etc.
apple
a new desktop can run you about $700-$900US for a basic system in Trinidad.
mOrpheuS
k_s_baskar wrote:
Hi all,
I want to know the price range of New Desktop computers (including TAX) world wide. Here in India i can buy a low end computer for $239 to $400 (with Intel Atom or AMD sempron) and highend from $478 to $695.

All low end hardware (high sale volume) costs about 15-20% more, and high-end hardware (low sale volume) costs almost twice as much in India compared to USA in absolute USD terms. Sad

k_s_baskar wrote:
(please convert your local currency to US dollors Smile)

I think the PPP is better for comparison of prices in different countries.
In PPP terms, an entry level desktop costs about $1400 USD in India. Shocked
Diablosblizz
In Canada, depending on what you're looking for, can price from 600-1,500. However, if you get a refurbished computer that has no meaning but for web-use you can pick one up for $150. I find those to be the best deals.
Jean-Clod
Here in Tunisia, you can get (new) desktop (Pentium IV, Core, C2D, and up) for 500-900 TND, (280-500, so uh less than 200$, up to 370$. In PPP, that is 650 to 1300)

Macs go up to 4000 TND (MacBook Pro 17") = 2100 = 3100$ = 9000 PPP (!!)

For Laptops, prices vary between 800 and 2000 TND = 425 to 1050 = 650 to 1600 $ = 2000 to 5000 PPP

That's a lot..

BTW, good idea Smile