FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to process Garbage in your country?

Cliffer
How to process Garbage in your country?
which way does the govnment do to it? bury or fire?
is there any other good way?
ChrisCh
I have absolutely no idea how it's done in my city (Brisbane, Australia)... as long as it's collected on the right day, and as long as the driver remembers to also collect the recycling when due for collection, then I'm happy Smile
badai
in my country, they use all sort of process. mainly landfill for most rubbish (from home/office), recycle if you sort it and send to recycle center, or they may come and collect, make compost from it, incinerate for medical/hazardous waste, and some even end up as land reclamation when they want to build road/building on top of swamp.
rjraaz
I dont know exactly but in my city particular they thrown out garbage in forests or in rivers.
coolclay
You are correct there really is no good method of waste disposal except for recycling and not producing it in the first place. Here in the United States all methods are used, even in a single community depending on what company picks up your garbage. We have an incinerator and a garbage dump in our community. Personally if an incinerator has scrubbers installed and is able to properly manage their smokestacks then I think incinerators are great because they produce electricity from the waste, and reduce the mass of the waste substantially.
Bluedoll
One thing I see improving is in recycling methods and separation of garbage into more proper disposal methods like composting. This requires whole/individual systems and cooperation. It is not easy, as sometimes the cost out ways the results but when garbage becomes a huge problem then proper management actually makes financial sense?
Bikerman
Composting is not necessarily such a good thing. Both landfill disposal and composting can create large volumes of greenhouse gasses. Composting is generally better than landfill, but certainly not ideal.