FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

US Thanksgiving Travel

Are you going to pay a checked bag fee this holiday season?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

socceraggie
Is anyone else flying in the next few days for the Thanksgiving holiday here in the America? My wife and I are flying tomorrow and I have been hearing mixed feedback on how the airports are going to be. Some are saying that the volume of travelers will be down because more people will be driving; however, those flying will be the less experienced travelers than thus slowing down the security lines due to their lack of knowledge of the FAA rules.

Also, I'm having to bite the bullet on the baggage fees because my wife can not travel without some of her make-up and hair products thus we will be checking a bag. I'll be paying $20 each way so my wife can have her shampoo. I was going to suggest that we just buy her some when we get there but then she informed me how much it cost..... sadly it is cheaper to pay the baggage fee Sad
Afaceinthematrix
LoL, traveling with women can be a pain. I usually wouldn't check luggage myself and I'd save the $20 fee. I'll go somewhere with just the clothes on my back before spending that kind of money to check a bag.

Unfortunately, I am not going anywhere for Thanksgiving. However, my sister and her husband have flown into California from Ohio for the holiday.
ocalhoun
By 'less than usual traffic' they probably mean 'less than usual for Thanksgiving'. It'll still be the busiest travel day of the year.

If possible, leave early and return late to avoid the rush.
If you're in the rush, avoid checked luggage if you can. Even if you can't avoid it entirely, maybe the two of you could just take one bag?