FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

interesting facts from the Quran

sharaf
would request readers to quote the verse number of the following:
- the sounds of thunder comes from an angel
- King David and Solomon know the language of birds
- if the Quran were revealed on a mountain it would tremble and shake
- honey has healing power
- Jesus was not crucified but raised to God

will follow with answer after some time
ocalhoun
sharaf wrote:

That would be a fun (and easy) theory to test... I'm pretty sure my local library has a copy of the Quran I could borrow, and there are plenty of mountains nearby...
Anybody know where I could borrow a seismograph?
(Or by 'it', does he mean the Quran itself would tremble and shake, not the mountain?)

sharaf wrote:

^.^
So electric currents causing gas expansion are known as angels now? Good to know.
sharaf
thanks for adding fun for a supposedly serious topic..revealing on a mountain means that if the mountain could understand the message in the Quran and if the Quran were to address this mountain instead of human being, then the mountain could not bear the weight of the message...

i guess the main problem here is mixing between the physical and meta-physical worlds
ocalhoun
sharaf wrote:

i guess the main problem here is mixing between the physical and meta-physical worlds

The other problem would be presenting as fact what is actually part of a poetic analogy taken out of context.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
sharaf wrote:

The other problem would be presenting as fact what is actually part of a poetic analogy taken out of context.
Agreed that it is a poetic analogy taken out of context. And perhaps then a mountain would be chosen that does tend to vibrate, adding meaning to the paragraph in the Quran, and not the other way round. I liked your first posting about getting hold of a seismograph.
xalophus
sharaf wrote:

Why do you call them "facts", besides the circular reasoning ?
Bikerman
Well,
honey has healing power is the only fact that I can see in the list, and that was stated by many cultures - well before the Quran was written.

The sound of thunder most definitely does NOT come from an angel.
I very much doubt either King David or Solomon knew the language of birds.
The Quran most certainly doesn't make mountains tremble
As for Jesus - if he existed at all then there is no real evidence to support either the Christian view that he was crucified, or the Islamic view that he was 'taken up to God'.
ThePolemistis
sharaf wrote:
would request readers to quote the verse number of the following:

I don't think that is what the Quran states

sharaf wrote:

"O ye people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and on us has been bestowed from everything: this is indeed the Grace manifest (from God)." (Quran 27:16)

sharaf wrote:

This is referring to the revelation of the Quran (If it were to be REVEALED on a mountain) and doesn't mean if you put the quran on a mountain it would tremble and shake. The meaning could be metaphorical that the revelation is so great and high that even the mountains would not even bear its burden.

sharaf wrote:

'And thy Lord taught the bee to build its cells in hills, on trees and in (men's) habitations..... there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for mankind. Verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought'.
(Quran 16:68-69)

There are also many hadith references to this

sharaf wrote:

"That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge; That they said (in boast): 'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.' But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise. And there is none of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him (Jesus) Before his death; And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness Against them." (Quran 4:156-159)
spinout
hehe - the proof of how old and dusty this book is!

I don't know the words of a bird but a know the words of b*llsh*t Smile)

anyhow - all old books of religion is like this - it is time to update them!
mhamad84
This is a sensitive subject, and my responce is going to be rich.
well, you have requested the verses, im copying the verses as they are! and then you judge by yourself...
I recommend that before you begin reading say "God, protect me now from any evil"
sharaf wrote:

I searched and found only this:
Code:

Chapter 13.Ar-Ra'd (The Thunder)
And Ar-Ra'd[] (thunder) glorifies and praises Him, and so do the angels because of His Awe, He
sends the thunderbolts, and therewith He strikes whom He wills, yet they (disbelievers) dispute about
Allh. And He is Mighty in strength and Severe in punishment.(13)

---
sharaf wrote:

Code:

Chapter 27.An-Naml (The Ants)
And indeed We gave knowledge to Dawd (David) and Sulaimn (Solomon), and they both said: "All
the praises and thanks be to Allh, Who has preferred us above many of His believing slaves!" (16)
And Sulaimn (Solomon) inherited (the knowledge of) Dawd (David). He said: "O mankind! We
have been taught the language of birds, and on us have been bestowed all things. This, verily, is an
evident grace (from Allh)." (17)

Chapter 34.Saba' (Sheba)
And indeed We bestowed grace on David from Us (saying): "O you mountains. Glorify (Allh) with
him! And you birds (also)! And We made the iron soft for him." (10)

Chapter 38.Sd
And (so did) the birds assembled: all with him [Dwd (David)] did turn (to Allh i.e. glorified His
Praises). (19)

---
sharaf wrote:

i don't know if there is a confirmation of that in the Quran, you can do the search as well.
Code:

Chapter: 47.Muhammad or Al-Qitl
=2>The description of Paradise which the Muttaqn (pious - see V.2:2) have been promised is that in
it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed; rivers of milk of which the taste
never changes; rivers of wine delicious to those who drink; and rivers of clarified honey (clear and
pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit; and forgiveness from their Lord. (Are these) like those
who shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their
bowels?(15)

---
sharaf wrote:

There are too many verses talking about Jesus (God praise him).
Code:

Chapter 4.An-Nis' (The Women)
And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary > > ) a grave false
charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);(156)
And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the
Messenger of Allh," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa
(Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of
doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed
him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) >>>] (157)
But Allh raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he >> is in the
heavens). And Allh is Ever AllPowerful, AllWise.(158)
And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but must believe in him ['Iesa
(Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), as only a Messenger of Allh and a human being],[] before his ['Iesa
(Jesus) >> or a Jew's or a Christian's] death[] (at the time of the appearance of the angel of
death). And on the Day of Resurrection, he ['Iesa (Jesus)] will be a witness against them.(159)

---
sharaf wrote:

There are too many verses talking about the creation and the functions of the mountains, im trying to write the only ones which matchs your request.
Code:

Chapter 7.Al-A'rf
And when Msa (Moses) came at the time and place appointed by Us, and his Lord spoke to him,
he said: "O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You." Allh said: "You cannot see
Me, but look upon the mountain if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me." So when his Lord
appeared to the mountain[], He made it collapse to dust, and Msa (Moses) fell down unconscious.
Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am
the first of the believers."(143)
-

Chapter 18.Al-Kahf
And if there had been a Qur'n with which mountains could be moved (from their places), or the earth
could be cloven asunder, or the dead could be made to speak (it would not have been other than this
Qur'n). But the decision of all things is certainly with Allh. Have not then those who believe yet
known that had Allh willed, He could have guided all mankind? And a disaster will not cease to strike
those who disbelieve because of their (evil) deeds or it (i.e. the disaster) settle close to their homes,
until the Promise of Allh comes to pass. Certainly, Allh does not fail in His Promise.(31)
-
And (remember) the Day We shall cause the mountains to pass away (like clouds of dust), and you
will see the earth as a levelled plain, and we shall gather them all together so as to leave not one of
them behind.(47)
-

Chapter 19.Surt Maryam (Chapter of Mary (Mother of Jesus))
And they say: "The Most Beneficent (Allh) has begotten a son (or offspring or children) [as the Jews
say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allh, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son ['Iesa (Christ)
>>], and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters (angels, etc.)]."(88)
Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing.(89)
Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins,90)
That they ascribe a son (or offspring or children) to the Most Beneficent (Allh).(91)
But it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Beneficent (Allh) that He should beget a son (or
offspring or children).(92)

20. TH.
And they ask you concerning the mountains, say;"My Lord will blast them and scatter them as
particles of dust.(105)
"Then He shall leave it as a level smooth plain.(106)
"You will see therein nothing crooked or curved."(107)

27. An-Naml
And you will see the mountains and think them solid, but they shall pass away as the passing away of the clouds. The Work of Allh, Who perfected all things, verily! He is Well-Acquainted with what you do.(88)

31. Luqmn
He has created the heavens without any pillars, that you see and has set on the earth firm mountains,
lest it should shake with you. And He has scattered therein moving (living) creatures of all kinds. And
We send down water (rain) from the sky, and We cause (plants) of every goodly kind to grow therein.(10)

33. AlAhzb
Truly, We did offer AlAmnah (the trust or moral responsibility or honesty and all the duties which
Allh has ordained) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they declined to bear it and
were afraid of it (i.e. afraid of Allh's Torment). But man bore it. Verily, he was unjust (to himself) and
ignorant (of its results).(72)

59. Al-Hashr
Had We sent down this Qur'n on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and
rending asunder by the fear of Allh. Such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that
they may reflect(21)

Advice: Read the Quran before you think to judge it.
ocalhoun
mhamad84 wrote:

sharaf wrote:

I searched and found only this:
Code:

Chapter 13.Ar-Ra'd (The Thunder)
And Ar-Ra'd[] (thunder) glorifies and praises Him, and so do the angels because of His Awe, He
sends the thunderbolts, and therewith He strikes whom He wills, yet they (disbelievers) dispute about
Allh. And He is Mighty in strength and Severe in punishment.(13)

Believe and don't 'dispute', or get struck by lightning... yep, that sounds like Islam all right.
mhamad84
nope.
before you judge thing you need to know it as its in real, from all of its sides. Cool
deanhills
mhamad84 wrote:
nope.
before you judge thing you need to know it as its in real, from all of its sides. Cool
This wisdom should probably not be limited to the Quran, it should apply to all knowledge about religion from a holistic point of view. When one gets too focussed in one direction, judgement starts to get biased and subjective.
Bikerman
mhamad84 wrote:
nope.

Ermm...I think not. We have to make judgements constantly and they must, by definition, be based on an incomplete picture, because omniscience is reserved for Deities.
In this particular case I find it rather interesting that you seem to be implying that your knowledge of the Quran allows you to 'know it as it is, from all of its sides'. If that is indeed what you are saying then I have to challenge it.
mhamad84
Bikerman wrote:

..you seem to be implying that your knowledge of the Quran allows you to 'know it as it is, from all of its sides'. If that is indeed what you are saying then I have to challenge it.

Believe me i'm poor in knowledge of the Quran, its not that easy..
i just did copy/past for the verses as they written in English.. and as im a believer that the Quran is the word of God, so i believe wt does it say..
If you want an English copy of the Quran i can send you the PDF, The Quran is different people who don't ever seen it think.. Rolling Eyes
The Quran itself contains alot of scientistic facts, which some of them recently discovered by humans, and some of them not yet..
Bikerman
mhamad84 wrote:
Bikerman wrote:

..you seem to be implying that your knowledge of the Quran allows you to 'know it as it is, from all of its sides'. If that is indeed what you are saying then I have to challenge it.

Believe me i'm poor in knowledge of the Quran, its not that easy..
So, by your own criteria you don't really understand it then, and are in no position to judge whether it is 'right' or not...
Quote:
i just did copy/past for the verses as they written in English.. and as im a believer that the Quran is the word of God, so i believe wt does it say..
That is the root of the matter - you BELIEVE. Religion is about what you believe, not what is necessarily correct.
Quote:
If you want an English copy of the Quran i can send you the PDF, The Quran is different people who don't ever seen it think.. Rolling Eyes
Not necessary - I have two copies.
Quote:
The Quran itself contains alot of scientistic facts, which some of them recently discovered by humans, and some of them not yet..
No, it doesn't. This has been claimed repeatedly on these forums and in each case it has been conclusively demonstrated that no such scientific facts are contained. There are some passages which, if you really try, you can pretend contain scientific predictions - rather like reading Nostradamus and seeing 9/11 in it.
yagnyavalkya
Was QUran the imagination of the prophet or was it revealed by divine one?
Bikerman
if you are asking me then I think it is fairly obvious what my opinion is, without having to state it.. Smile
It would be rather odd for me, as an atheist, to believe it was Divinely inspired...
ocalhoun
yagnyavalkya wrote:

There's also the possibility that it was revealed by something or someone else posing as 'divine one'.

Heck, if somebody today went back in time, they could pull off a pretty good angel impression. It would certainly impress somebody who'd never seen any kind of modern technology.
tingkagol
Interesting thing if you were to bring only 1 piece of technology back in time to impersonate an 'angel'. I wonder what that thing would be. What would primitive people be most impressed by?
yagnyavalkya
Bikerman wrote:
if you are asking me then I think it is fairly obvious what my opinion is, without having to state it.. Smile
It would be rather odd for me, as an atheist, to believe it was Divinely inspired...

What is the difference between inspired divinely and revealed divinely?
deanhills
tingkagol wrote:
Interesting thing if you were to bring only 1 piece of technology back in time to impersonate an 'angel'. I wonder what that thing would be. What would primitive people be most impressed by?
Could be completely divine naturally. Probably some parts of Geyser Parks in Wyoming, Yellowstone or other Parks in the United States, something that has smoke coming from it? Or some of the Red Lakes in Nevada? Turning water into "blood"? One could create your own lake with the bacteria that creates the Red Lakes, and make it into something that is holy and sell the red water in bottles?

I thought the Morning Glory Pool in Yellowstone Park would fit the bill:
mhamad84
yagnyavalkya wrote:

The Quran cannot be authored by humans..
the ways are open for u to make sure
ocalhoun
mhamad84 wrote:

Why not?

(And if it was not, who actually wrote it down?)
mhamad84
Well, the first question you can discover the answer by yourself, because i cannot simplify the answer with my poor english..
if you read the Quran, there are alot of verses which proving that fact..

The answer of the second question: The Quran was revealed by God, to his last prophet Mohammed.
And was revealed bye stages.
ocalhoun
mhamad84 wrote:
Well, the first question you can discover the answer by yourself, because i cannot simplify the answer with my poor english..
if you read the Quran, there are alot of verses which proving that fact..

Ah, I see... It cannot have been written by a human because it says it wasn't written by a human...

I'm afraid I may have to introduce you to the unfortunate human concepts of 'dishonesty' and 'lie'.
Now, am I categorically stating that it is a lie? No... But it could be, so it can't really be used as proof.
deanhills
mhamad84 wrote:
yagnyavalkya wrote:

the ways are open for u to make sure
Closer to the truth would probably be to say that it was written by someone who was divinely inspired. That could be more realistically debated than saying that the Quran was authored by non-humans.
mhamad84
The Quran is the word of God.. Like the Torah and The Bible and others which were revealed before the Quran.
And God has promissed that the Quran will NOT be modified, and God mentioned that he challenges all human being and Jinns to author one chapter of it, and God also said that they wont be able to..

And about why its from god?
If you believe that in God, and God is the creator of the heavens and earth, There are a scientistic facts which weren't known at the period of the revealing..
some of those were discovered in the new centuries..
Bikerman
mhamad84 wrote:
The Quran is the word of God.. Like the Torah and The Bible and others which were revealed before the Quran.
And God has promissed that the Quran will NOT be modified, and God mentioned that he challenges all human being and Jinns to author one chapter of it, and God also said that they wont be able to..

And about why its from god?
If you believe that in God, and God is the creator of the heavens and earth, There are a scientistic facts which weren't known at the period of the revealing..
some of those were discovered in the new centuries..

If you are claiming again that the Quran contains scientific predictions or scientific material that was not generally available at the time then I challenge you for a single example. This keeps coming up on these boards and, to date, no evidence (let alone convincing evidence) has emerged. People have made various claims about various Sutras but when examined closely it all falls into sand.
For example: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-86500.html#720737
mhamad84
these can go so far, i will pose an example just came up to my mind.

- The Quran mentioned the splite of the moon (the moon was splited to parts, which separated.
this happend in the period of prophet Mohammed (1400+ years ago), when the people asked him to perform this as a miracle, so they can believe he is a prophet..
And God, Separated the moon 2 parts, and they saw this in real, after then the moon merged again and toke its current shape..
=> In bbc was an intereview and they mentioned that the current moon was 2 parts in some stage.
Code:
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad SAW to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).(1:54)

------------------------
the Quran says that there are 7 heavens, one above the other, and we are living in earth, which located in the lower heaven..

Arrow Execuse me for my poor english Wink
ocalhoun
mhamad84 wrote:

=> In bbc was an intereview and they mentioned that the current moon was 2 parts in some stage.

4,000,000,000 years ago, perhaps, but it certainly was exactly the same 1,400 years ago as it is today.
Quote:

the Quran says that there are 7 heavens, one above the other, and we are living in earth, which located in the lower heaven..

I would count that as a mark against it...
Bikerman
mhamad84 wrote:
these can go so far, i will pose an example just came up to my mind.

- The Quran mentioned the splite of the moon (the moon was splited to parts, which separated.
this happend in the period of prophet Mohammed (1400+ years ago), when the people asked him to perform this as a miracle, so they can believe he is a prophet..
And God, Separated the moon 2 parts, and they saw this in real, after then the moon merged again and toke its current shape..
Code:
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad SAW to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).(1:54)

------------------------

Arrow Execuse me for my poor english Wink

You have to be joking, surely?
So, let's be clear. During the period of Mohammud he split the moon in two, yes?
Well, at this time in history there were quite a few 'stargazers' around. The Indians had developed astronomy well before and many people recorded their naked eye observations. Are there any records from that period of a split moon ?
The moon was formed about 4.5 billion years ago. We still haven't completely nailed-down how it happened. Current best theory is giant impact between the earth and another proto-planet resulting in a massive orbital cloud of debris from which condenses the moon. There are other theories. None of them have the moon being in two pieces, so even if we pretend that the story got the dates wrong a little (by 4.5 billion years) then it still doesn't wash...
mhamad84
it was a formed moon, and splited in that day, and re-merged..
thats in the verse.
Bikerman
mhamad84 wrote:
it was a formed moon, and splited in that day, and re-merged..
thats in the verse.

Yes, so - is there any evidence at all that this actually happened?
No, of course there isn't. It would surely have been noticed by someone, and there are no contemporary accounts of such a thing happening (and I'm not even mentioning the problems involved in any such split).

The lesson I think you need to take on board is that the Quran contains some stories which are not literally true, they are parables or metaphors meant to illustrate a point.
The Quran is like the Bible in that regard, and people make a serious error of judgement when they try to maintain that either scriptural source is literal truth because plainly neither is. It leads to lunatic beliefs about huge boats with millions of animals aboard, and dangerous interpretations of passages which appear to condone or even demand violence. Fundamentalism (ie taking scripture too literally) is ALWAYS a bad thing, whether it is Islamic or Christian (or any other type).
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
The lesson I think you need to take on board is that the Quran contains some stories which are not literally true, they are parables or metaphors meant to illustrate a point.
Completely agreed not only for the Quran, but all Bibles. And since they are parables or metaphors, this would perhaps not be a place for scientific scrutiny either particularly since science would not be able to disprove any of it either?
mhamad84
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap021029.html

The photograph shows a cleft-like valey.
maybe this wt the verse talks about i dunno.
Bikerman
mhamad84 wrote:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap021029.html

The photograph shows a cleft-like valey.
maybe this wt the verse talks about i dunno.

Aw come on. Those are relatively tiny features and Mohammod would have needed a telescope to even detect them. Are you saying that this gets written down as him splitting the moon ?

Actually, hang on a mo.
On the deeper point, if you are happy to accept that the scripture isn't literal (clearly you must be if you could accept this explanation) then you have already made a huge leap in understanding..well done.

Now, go the next step and think "maybe the story is using the image of the split moon as a metaphor for something else, and we don't actually need the moon at all...."
Can you go that far?

if you can then help is at hand from translator Yusuf Ali...

54:1-2 "the moon might split again when the day of judgment approaches"

If we think about a metaphor, could he be saying that splitting the moon represents bringing clarity, as in 'things will become as clear as the moon when the day of judgement approaches" ?
Not too fanciful, after all Yusuf Ali has offered a similar view in the past...

Worth considering?
yagnyavalkya
For a person who will not accept the idea that Quran did not explicitly or implicitly say anything about science nothing can be done however simply we put our argument in front
I think is a waste of time to actually try and explain that Moon was not split in to two during the Prophet's time
Quran was either the Prophets imagination with possible calculated text with the earlier religions texts as a possible base. The Prophet pbly wanted to unite and had a great leadership qualities and the people at that space and time pbly needed something like that
mhamad84
Quote:
Aw come on. Those are relatively tiny features and Mohammod would have needed a telescope to even detect them. Are you saying that this gets written down as him splitting the moon ?

No muslim would EVER claim that propher Mohammed splited the moon..
only God who can do that, and i believe in the Quran so i MUST believe that God did splited the moon.
I respect your openion, but also i believe what the Quran says, before what humans say.
I'm sure you understand my point of view Smile
Bikerman
mhamad84 wrote:
Quote:

No muslim would EVER claim that propher Mohammed splited the moon..
only God who can do that, and i believe in the Quran so i MUST believe that God did splited the moon.
I respect your openion, but also i believe what the Quran says, before what humans say.
I'm sure you understand my point of view Smile

No I'm afraid I don't and never will. To me it is ignorant dangerous and lazy thinking and something I abhor.

a) Ignorant : accepting that something occurred unconditionally simply because it is written down, requires a complete lack of critical thinking - the one thing that enables us to make sensible and rational decisions. The only thing left is blind faith and ignorance.

b) Dangerous. You are not an expert in the Quran so you must rely on others for your interpretations of what it says. What that means is you give those people the absolute power over you. They say jump, you jump. They say plant a bomb.......Thus also, by the way, gives the lie to the fact that you trust the Quran over the words of humans. Firstly the Quran IS the word of humans. You believe not, so secondly - who instructs you in the Quran? Are they human?

c) Lazy : it is much easier to take on a pre-prepared world-view and not have to work it out for yourself, but it is a bit lazy I think.

Sorry, but you asked.
mhamad84
i understand Cool
ovick
ocalhoun wrote:
sharaf wrote:

That would be a fun (and easy) theory to test... I'm pretty sure my local library has a copy of the Quran I could borrow, and there are plenty of mountains nearby...
Anybody know where I could borrow a seismograph?
(Or by 'it', does he mean the Quran itself would tremble and shake, not the mountain?)

sharaf wrote:

^.^
So electric currents causing gas expansion are known as angels now? Good to know.

I believe that is not what the meaning of it, the true meaning is when some one has had a closeness to god, then that person read the holly qur'an with manner the need to read the holly qur'an, qur'an will have the power to rise the spirit of the sky those even a mountain could not be able to withstand the power of the spirit of the sky.

Well after you know the true about your sky above, don't you believe there is angel above you?
I'm sure the difference version of vision, people use for seeing the phenomenon will be different to, depend on what version we used. Is it science or non science?
ocalhoun
ovick wrote:
will have the power to rise the spirit of the sky those even a mountain could not be able to withstand the power of the spirit of the sky.

Wait, what? We're summoning spirits now?