FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Faster Rise of A Civilization

sharaf
I have read history of many civilizations: greek, roman, egyptians, etc. what I saw most amazing was the rise of Islamic civilization. Muhammad started a single person in Makkah, after 13 years went to Medina and built a city state, only 13 years after that from one city, his followers went and people of whole Arabic peninsula, syria and Iraq became Muslims..and then only few years afterwards african north became Muslim. it is not only amazing to observe the fast rise, but also the adherence of these people to this civilization, all other civilizations rise and die, but this one seems to rise, stop, fall but never die.
Bielhelm
The slower they rise - the slower they die. Catholic Church has imprisoned the world for 1900 years.
Islamic Thinking is about 1500 Years old. I never say there are no improvements, but the
older a functioning religion society is - the older and dustier are the principles.
Kopernikus
sharaf wrote:
I have read history of many civilizations: greek, roman, egyptians, etc. what I saw most amazing was the rise of Islamic civilization. Muhammad started a single person in Makkah, after 13 years went to Medina and built a city state, only 13 years after that from one city, his followers went and people of whole Arabic peninsula, syria and Iraq became Muslims..and then only few years afterwards african north became Muslim. it is not only amazing to observe the fast rise, but also the adherence of these people to this civilization, all other civilizations rise and die, but this one seems to rise, stop, fall but never die.

well, what about egypt?
china?
japan?
india?
azoundria
They fall under etc... I guess.
AftershockVibe
Your assertion doesn't really make sense to me - I don't understand how you're mixing together religion, state and civilisation.

The Greeks, Romans and Egyptians were independent nations which grew into empires through conquest, they also originally had their own belief systems. These beliefs are no longer practised, but of course Greece, Italy and Egypt still do. In contrast to this, modern Islamic faith is still practised, but there is no Islamic empire - no one authority or country in charge.

I don't see how this is any more of a civilisation than the Christian "civilisation", on which all western countries legislature is based, or Jewish "civilisation", where they actually have a Jewish state (albeit only for less than a century and heavily divided).
c'tair
AftershockVibe wrote:
Your assertion doesn't really make sense to me - I don't understand how you're mixing together religion, state and civilisation.

The Greeks, Romans and Egyptians were independent nations which grew into empires through conquest, they also originally had their own belief systems. These beliefs are no longer practised, but of course Greece, Italy and Egypt still do. In contrast to this, modern Islamic faith is still practised, but there is no Islamic empire - no one authority or country in charge.

I don't see how this is any more of a civilisation than the Christian "civilisation", on which all western countries legislature is based, or Jewish "civilisation", where they actually have a Jewish state (albeit only for less than a century and heavily divided).

This. I came in here thinking I'd hear about the births of various peoples in different parts of the globe, but here I am confronted with Islam and Christianity?

Sorry OP, but Mahomet didn't build any civilization, he took what was already there for the past 2000 years or so. Same goes with Christianity.