FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Freeware Backup Software

LostOverThere
Hi, I'm looking for a quality, freeware backup utlility to back up my files incase something goes wrong. There's undoubtedly bucket loads on the internet, but I was curious to know whether anyone could give me a recommendation. My only request is that it be free.

Regards,
    -LostOverThere
welshsteve
You could try DriveImageXML. This is quite well known and I've heard good reviews. Check out www.computeractive.co.uk/downloads and search for it.
weableandbob
Here's a video about how to back up everything with freeware http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8uBVc6DFc8
LostOverThere
Thanks for the replies folks. I end up going with GFI Backup - Home Edition and it seems great! Thanks. Smile
FunDa
Thanks for the info. I normally just write stuff directly onto DvDs without using any backup utility, even though my Nero comes with a Backup tool I believe.

But seeing that these softwares may be more convenient, I might have a shot at it... thnaks for pointing out the good ones.
babarus
windows has a good backup software ! try it!
Kashinilaya
I have doubts on the real gain of a back-up software. I keep all my creations in a single folder (which is subdivided into as many subfolders as I need to keep it organised). My back-up is as simple as copying that folder to the back-up disk.

I should probably do some research on backing up to understand the reason for so many options in the market for the task...