FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right No

menino
Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? It’s because it gets you high. They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago. You know why? It was redundant.
Quote:

In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)
40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
>60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
>60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
>60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.
This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker.) But, hey, have another Coke, it’ll make you feel better.

[tags] coke, effects, pharmacology, soda, caffeine, sugar [/tags]

*FYI: The Coke itself is not the enemy, here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid. Things which are found in almost all soda.

source = http://www.blisstree.com/healthbolt/what-happens-to-your-body-if-you-drink-a-coke-right-now/

"I won't drink coke anymore, or at least sparingly. Laughing[/quote]
[MOD - Quote tags added : Bikerman]
socceraggie
That is a great breakdown of the process when you consume a cola beverage. I use to drink Dr. Pepper all the time and finally realized the effects it was having on me. It has been 10 years since I've had a Dr. Pepper and when I do enjoy a cola beverage, it is typically Sprite. Since I don't drink colas very often I can really feel the effects when I do.

To replace the lost caffeine I just started drinking black coffee Smile
deanhills
I still find it amazing however that some people just seem to thrive on coke. Especially people who are high energy and metabolism individuals. Perhaps it does not have the same effect on everyone. Some people do well on the sugar. Others do very badly. I never liked coke, as a kid I hated the colour of coke and the taste compared with Fanta or Sprite was dead sugar and too much gas. I rarely have Fanta or Sprite these days.
Arty
I never understand how people can have over 4 cokes a day (Trust me, I know people like that)

I had pizza today. I thought my drink was a nice cold coke, but instead it was warm iced tea mixed with coffee. Ewwww... We were out of soda. >_>
crimson_aria
I don't really see soft drinks as a bad drink, maybe only when taken excessively. I don't drink it though, because I find it painful on the throat. XD I don't like the feeling.
tchaunt
Wow...after reading this, it will be hard for me to drink one soda a day, let alone the multiple ones I usually drink (a bad habit I've developed since marching season this year)...

Thanks for posting such great (and interesting) information.
menino
Yeah - soft drinks are bad - I've been having them since I was little, and now have stopped almost completely. I have them occasionally with friends, but I try to mix it with water, or I'll have juice.
Writing about juice reminds me that packed juice is also bad for health.
I will research it and post my findings on this very soon.
An alternative to soft drinks is either water, or fresh juices, or milk, or a mix slurpy of the latters. Laughing
peaceupnorth
I worked at a number of bars and fast food places up until I was about 21 years old. All of those places had the "benefit" of an endless supply of pop for their employees. I tell you, it did not take me long to find out how sick regular pop intake can make even a healthy young man... my stomach would just feel nasty after drinking it...

I also used to drink a lot of pop mixed with vodka, rum etc... even WORSE for the body. I'm nice to my body now taking tea, juice and soup as my beverages of choice. Delicious inside and out.