FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How often do you shave your legs?

natilovesmike
I am trying to recover my womanhood...I think between work and son..I have forgoten and that is not fair to me or my husband.

So, I always used wax my legs, but then I moved to the US and couldn't find a good place that would do that for me, so I tryed the roll-on to do at home, but its such a pain and takes so long...

Now I have decided to shave, even though I was told my whole life not to do that because then hairs come out even thicker....but if I want to have smooth legs on a daily basis what other choise I have?

so, how often do you shave your legs? and do you have any recommendations on how to delay growth and keep my legs smooth as long as possible?

Thanks!
brokenadvice
I am not a girl, nor do I shave my legs, but I do know that your hair will not grow back thicker. Your legs won't be quite as smooth though.
bsbteng
Shaving first became popular during World War II when nylon stockings were in short supply and bare legs became a trend that has yet to cease.

Today, women are increasingly turning to waxing and some are trying laser hair removal (see how my experience went), however, shaving remains the least expensive form of hair removal. Here are 10 shaving tips and tricks to ensure you're doing it the right way and cutting down on the nicks and irritation so common to shaved skin.
1. The trick to shaving is to wet your skin and let it soften from the heat and moisture. You don't want to shave dry skin. Shaving is a natural exfoliator and you'll clog up the razor with dead skin while putting yourself at risk for nicks.

2. There's no need to waste your money on shaving creams formulated especially for women. They are virtually the same as the creams sold for men. (Now if you can just find a scent you can live with). My hands down favorite shaving cream works for both him and her. Kiehl's Close Shavers moisturizes like nothing else I've found. Buy it online.
3. You are going to have to experiment with razors until you find the perfect one for you. Ask your friends for recommendations and look for a razor with lubricated strips, pivoting heads and spring-mouonted multiple blades. I've sampled several types and varieties and was amazed at how different each feels. My favorite? The Gillette Venus razor. Another great and new bet: Schick Quattro for Women, which has four super-thin blades and a pivoting head.

4. Be sure to change razors or cartridges on a regular basis, a dull blade can lead to nicks. Also, it's best not to borrow your guy's razor. His hair is coarser and will dull a blade. (Plus, don't men typically hate it when women borrow razors?)

5. Be sure to exfoliate your skin before shaving. It gets rid of all the dead skin cells that could clog up your razor, preventing a close shave.

6. Since your leg hairs grow down, you'll want to start at your ankles and shave up. For your underarms, you'll need to shave in every direction since the hair there grows every which way.

7. When finished, apply oil or moisturizer. The skin on your legs has few oil glands and has a tendency for dryness.

8. Ingrown hairs are caused when the hairs curl back under the skin. Avoid ingrown hair by exfoliating daily and using a glycolic acid body lotion.

9. If you have a chronic case of ingrown hairs, try Tend Skin, an over-the-counter lotion for ingrown hairs, applying it in the morning and at night. The bumps should disappear within a couple days.

10. Consider opting for waxing, at least on your legs. You'll find that if you have coarser hair, it won't grow back as fast.
jpcatherine
shaving legs are for girls only Smile
Crinoid
Quote:
shaving legs are for girls only

Unfair! Who has more hair should take care about being lovely on touch, including waxing the face, or use depilatory. Shaving leaves stubs of hair at the skin level.

Now back to the topic.
Shaving - I can't say if the single shaving cause this or the regular ones - but hair on the legs will grow thick, thicker that your husband has (if you have similar kind of hair of the head). Hair stubs left after shaving legs will be perceptible by touch on the next day, just like with the male face shaving. Shaving legs daily is better.
To cut the cost you can use razors from dollar store, 10 double-bladed or 5 triple-bladed for $1. Triple blades give the best results, until they become dull. For legs maybe two of them will be necessary.

How about depilatory creams? They should last longer.
Or continue trying to find a good place to wax...
iyepes
I usually don't do it unless I'm going to a swimming pool. I don't use many skirts so I don't have to do it often.

Hair removal product sellers says that every four weeks, I don't now if it is enough or too long.
driftingfe3s
jpcatherine wrote:
shaving legs are for girls only Smile

Some guys who are simmers shave thier legs so that there is less drag when they are in the water.

And there are some guys who are just really really hairy that shave their legs cuase they can't stand them.
the-guide
I never but always see my friend do that.
jabce85
umm.... i'm a guy, so not often. I do however try to keep em trimmed when it's cycling season.
programitv
You could shave or use an epilatory gel to burn them out, but depending on how much hair you have and your genes, the hair may be visible after 2-3 days. As well, the hair will get thicker and it may grow under the skin. If you can stand pain, than wax works pretty well, for three four weeks, you will be ok. The ultimate solution is laser, but I tried it 2 by myself, the results were not visible but most of all it was very painful and expensive, so I gave up. Nevertheless I have a friend - boy - who tried laser on his face and it worked well. Ah, there are the electrical epilators as well, but I am not very fond on them (have already 2 at home), as they rather break the hair than remove it ( which causes the hair to grow under skin sometimes ), it is painfull, and the hair gets back fast ( as it is not removed but just broken ), so no real benefits. I`ve got friends though, whose hair is weak and with a small root having very good results with electrical epilators, all depends on the kind of hair / skin you have. If you have very light, short, thin hair, you could also try to decolorate it with oxygenated water, it works great especially if it is sunny outside, no pain, and your hair is invisible, .
macky
i don't actually try to shave my hair on legs because it will still grow and grow longer as long as you

are trying to shave it...
DarrylFloyd
I have an epilator and truly do love it. I epilate my bikini line and shave my legs and underarms. I am gradually moving to more regions with the epilator . I simply love how significantly less hair returns.
http://www.bestsellingreviews.com/Personal-Care/Epilator/
jajarvin
I do not shave my legs.
If I have time for shaving, I do shave my beard.