FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Twilight New Moon

PleoMaster
After Bella recovers from the vampire attack that almost claimed her life, she looks to celebrate her birthday with Edward and his family. However, a minor accident during the festivities results in Bella's blood being shed, a sight that proves too intense for the Cullens, who decide to leave the town of Forks, Washington for Bella and Edward's sake. Initially heartbroken, Bella finds a form of comfort in reckless living, as well as an even-closer friendship with Jacob Black. Danger in different forms awaits.

Went to see this movie last night and I was extremly disapointed, It was terrible! The 1st one was the best and the 2nd one had missed so much stuff out from which was in the book! Im disapointed, Does anyone else agree?
Enterprise
I'm going to be honest, I've never read any of the books, or seen either of the movies, so I don't really have any right to say anything. However, I had a grand old time reading reviews of it, with all the sarcasm the writers could manage. It sounds completely awful, and I'm really glad that only annoying preteen girls seem to be in denial of that. And, for the record, no one I know finds Rob hot. I thought Edward was supposed to be the perfect, gorgeous, celibate boyfriend?
socceraggie
My wife went to see the movie yesterday with a friend of hers (I refused to go) and she said she liked it. She had set her expectations for the movie at a certain (attainable level) which I think helped. When I saw the previews for it, the animations looked cheap and low budget. Certainly not what I would have expected from a movie with this much media hype! I'll probably end up seeing this movie eventually but only once my wife buys the DVD. I actually thought the first movie had some really cool cinematography to it. I like how they made everything in Forks gray and dreary. I also enjoyed the excitement some of the fight scenes but again, the animation appeared cheap and low budget. Also, I thought that the movie left a lot out and was confusing unless you had read the book(s).

I read the first 2 books and really struggled to finish them. I read about 10 pages of the last one and couldn't suffer the soap opera drama of it anymore. I read them so I could connect with my wife and try to understand what the fascination was with this phenomenon but have yet to figure it out.
crossroads
My wife and I want to see this movie together some time. We might wait till it comes out of the theater to see it though. We have had a bunch of friends go to see it and they have all said they loved it and that if you have read the books it makes much more sense and makes the movie a lot better than not have read the books. I dont think that I will spend the time to read the book though. My wife and I both really liked the first one, although I had to talk my wife into watching it but after we watched it she was very surprised how much she liked it and wanted to see the 2nd one. I have seen a lot of movies lately that have really let me down in the quality of the making of it. I feel that movies really have gone down hill lately and just dont stand up to the movies in the past. I really hope this one isnt another let down like others Ive really wanted to see lately.
ato784
I have to say that i agree that the second movie was bad, but I never liked the first as well. in my opinion twilight and new moon have wrecked the true image of vampires forever. they both make vampires look like normal people, well they are not. please remember that this is my opinion and i do not intend to insult anyone's feelings. Very Happy
silverdown
I am planning to see it when it comes out on dvd, the ill read the books afterwords. I did it the opposite way with Harry Potter and i about busted my tv and saying" Um.... where is that part they forgot it" Shocked ...... Laughing
crimson_aria
on the contrary, I liked the adaptation of New Moon. the movie followed the book closely and the tone was the same as the book. I still don't like Kristen Stewart's acting though. I find Ashley Greene really adorable. I wanted to see Leah but she wasn't there. I love Leah's character and was hoping to see her in the film. But I guess I just have to wait for the next one.

New Moon isn't my favorite of the books but the next one is, so I'm looking forward to seeing Eclipse. hope they do it well.
josifranaraujo
PleoMaster wrote:
After Bella recovers from the vampire attack that almost claimed her life, she looks to celebrate her birthday with Edward and his family. However, a minor accident during the festivities results in Bella's blood being shed, a sight that proves too intense for the Cullens, who decide to leave the town of Forks, Washington for Bella and Edward's sake. Initially heartbroken, Bella finds a form of comfort in reckless living, as well as an even-closer friendship with Jacob Black. Danger in different forms awaits.

Went to see this movie last night and I was extremly disapointed, It was terrible! The 1st one was the best and the 2nd one had missed so much stuff out from which was in the book! Im disapointed, Does anyone else agree?

I agree, but I am still looking forward to the third movie. let's hope it'll be better Very Happy
anasash
Saw both the movies and do think that Twilight is much more interesting and comfortable than the new one in the series. Personally, i think even the story of the new moon could ahve been even better. Not the best from the series, but let's await for the next in the series.............
driftingfe3s
I watched this movie with my girlfriend. I'd have to say the acting sucks pretty bad and the script is just weird sometimes. A few lines made me laugh my ass off because they were so lame as well as a few scenes.
paskifire
What's with the actors? As if they're not eating right. Thay lack of energy
todabeat
i ma be honest on this..

i watched about a month ago.. a movie called "P.S I Love" which i dont know why, i liked it.
but i think these New Moon , saga stuff, its very girly, tacky, etc
socceraggie
WOW! I watched New Moon with my wife recently (my mom sent it to her once the DVD was out). It followed the book very closely which to me made it worse than I expected (I had low expectations to begin with). The director of New Moon appeared to be trying to follow the book too closely. It was way too much information and too many events to cram into a movie. Not to mention if I hadn't read the book, I would have been completely lost and had no idea what was going on. I did read the book and at times I was so confused.

I think this movie shows how poor these books are with character development and actual plot. Once again the acting was horrible. At least in the original (Twilight) the director was able to overcome the poor acting and make a decent movie. The director for New Moon obviously is not as talented and is as horrible at their job as the actors in the movie.

I wasn't going to bring it up, but it was just so bad I just have to. The animation of the werewolves looked like they hired a high school... no that would have been better, hired a middle school computer graphics class to create the wolf scenes. I mean this was a major multimillion dollar movie and they couldn't do a better job with the graphics.

How many thumbs down am I allowed to give? Whatever the maximum is that is the rating I would give it.
r4inm4ker
Very uninspiring film. Watched it about one month ago, and now forget almost all the story. Maybe it's not the right film for me. The romantic stuff just seems to be pretty dull, and lack of eye-candy vfx either (besides the wolf transformations).
TurtleShell
Ok, so there is a new one coming out now. The billboards they've had up along the roads are hilarious--has anyone else noticed that Bella looks like they got a really bad photograph of her? Like her eyes are half closed or something?Smile I think this is intentional, but it looks like a mistake:)
inuyasha
In spite of the fact that I haven't read the book, I think the films quite intersting, including the 2nd one, New moon.
It's always like this, many spots would be ignored when it comes to a film, owing to the maximum length of it. But I still appreciate this films, like Harry Potter and Twilight. The directors and other stuff have already tried their best, haven't they?
rayxzero
Eclipse is already showing on cinemas. Time interval between the previous and the new movies is very short. Bella have a lousy acting.
silverdown
I recently have seen this and I really enjoyed it, was on the edge of my seat near the end. However they need to have more action in my opinion... I am waiting for eclipse now Smile
rayxzero
Yeah they should put more action... than talking to much with the story.
inuyasha
I've never read the books but the 2 released movies. The plots are perfect but I'm afraid Edward's skin is too white, isn't it? The lip seems too red as well...especially in New Moon. The other vampires seem more normal.