FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I like School Computers

lockwolf
Today since I have a sub in tech class right now, I got to use this cool program called Net Support where you can look at any computers screen that is logged onto the network. Using this to my advantage I decided to piss a few people off and take control of their screen and use it to my advantage. So I pissed a few people off and now everythings good!
zerodefect
haha thats great. when i was in school i used to use vnc to do the same thing. i made a bunch of girls beleive the library was haunted. good times.
Slammer
better watch you dont get caught, school are overly harsh about things like that these days Rolling Eyes
TreadStone
cool job guys.in our schools computers are very hard break
dan751
At my school, we have a similar program called LANSchool. It's a pain in the but when being monitored by the school staff, and you can't simply close the program once it's loaded (it hides itself from the program manager) so what I do is I close it as I'm logging on, it can't hide itself while it's booting up. I have the "Teacher" part of the program but I can't use it because it says that I'm logged on a student and need to logon as a teacher or admin, so I'm working on a way that the the copy of the "Teacher" program would be recognized as the "Student" program. It has been done before.Smile
Lady Elensar
The computers at our school always having troubles with someting. Confused That's very annoying. And last year, we could use an online MSN, but now, this year, we can't. Sad They disabled the internet options - option.
XShadowX
The computers at our school are seriously so crap! I mean, they are like a really old and really slow version and we are hardly allowed on them anyway! Everytime the school gets money they just spend it on desks or equipment! So dum! Very Happy
sibbahz
Our school computers arnt bad but the internet connection shared by 400 or so computers cant even handle hotmail!
The security on Xp preventing accessing half of the start bar is annoyinh but just pulling the network cable out as it is logging on gives full access into the start menu and additional features.
1day
Our school computers suck.. they are slow and old and they block you from going on nearly every site Sad
xorcist
Ya my school has Net Support sometimes my teacher just looks at everyone screen and freeze's there mouse or a program just for fun. You can send message to people and everything.
Guelila
My school computers are also crap.
some dont even have internet...
wistom
Your school's computer so good. When i was in school, i could not find that softs, and we could not do that. For it was control by the admin. So bad.
RosenCruz
in our school connection is fast and PC s are good.. Razz
psycosquirrel
The school computers where I am have major security issues...

I have registry access by the way...
Nameless
Slammer wrote:
better watch you dont get caught, school are overly harsh about things like that these days Rolling Eyes

Perhaps that's because you are supposed to be learing at school, and taking control of other people's screens is disrupting you learning, and more importantly other people's learning? If you do something like that you deserve to be punishment harshly.
chirag
Ha Ha

Even in my school computers r very old. Sad

Damn when will i go to college.
yupeng
May be,you have inerupt your classmates's privacy.
I think .
nik
we just got new computers. thought i cant' do much becouse it got protection everytime when i reset everything get removed
darrell
This sounds like "fun" but if you can were to get caught, you are going to get into real trouble. If i can do that in school, that will be great.
yupeng
nik wrote:
we just got new computers. thought i cant' do much becouse it got protection everytime when i reset everything get removed

Most time,school computers have restore programe or restore hardware.
heavyx
something like "DeepFreeze"?
gamingzone
i think that this is sully topic i hate shool computers they are to slow!
valay5
Our computers at school are extrememly horrible.
Tom7
the computers at my school are hard to crack, i have done it before, although i don't want to again, because the technicians will find out.
major120
i love the school computers sinc we get the govrnment laptops Very Happy
we hav hacked them and HAD proxys that worked, now they are just blocked Sad

its gonna fail, because we just watch movies and play games during the lesssons.
sooo stupid :S
but its good coz all the work auto saves and we can hand in our assingments over the net, so if we r sick we can just upload em to this website and hand them in that way
Stolich
At uni you can play World of Warcraft without any problems, only did that twice though.

In high school Unreal Tournament was installed for some weird reason on all computers, and we could play against eachother in economics, good times but too bad that only lasted for two weeks. Then they installed a program that froze your screen if you were playing a (flash)game. A guy from the IT would then come over to "bust" you! :s
Bluedoll
Very interesting thanks for sharing!

I would say there are two schools of thought there. You are learning by using the program what you are capable of doing with computers and that is cool. The other side though is you are playing around with something that can bite you in the end. The same could be said for your choice of words.
Fatality
As a student at an IT school and an employee of an IT company I am surrounded by computers and Internet every day of my life. I take them for granted now. I have grown up with access to a computer and Internet almost my entire life. I don't know what I would do if either one of them were to disappear.
Magicman
The computers in my high school always had site blocking software and some had screenwatching software so the teacher could see what we were doing and send us messages. I always found this rather annoying.
In college, the computers have fewer if any sites that are blocked and most of the computers have lots of really good software installed, available for students' use.
Arty
Our school's computers are better than mine.

Dual core CPU, 2GB RAM

Yet all we are allowed to do on the school computers is go on the school website and use the word processor.
Diablosblizz
On the topic of net support, my school just installed it and it took me 30 seconds to get rid of it. Pretty simple... The school stops using it now cause it's useless.
sum12nv
our school got laptops from the kevin rudd government and guess wat??? it was meant to be given to us at the begining of the year but it was postponed 5 times for an unkown reason and we just got it 3 days ago... im so relieved and angry at the same time cause i though that i'd never get it.
nilsmo
Thread starter: Looks like your school has very poor security.
soljarag
i remember when people at school learned how to send netmessages to each computer.... I forget how to do it now, but it was in DOS.. and a box would pop up with any message you wanted.

In middleschool they had some program that limited what we could do on it, and one day the teacher urged us to try to break it.... I tried, buut couldnt do it
Helios
LOL, enjoy it while you're there. When I went to school we didn't have computers, so I have nothing to miss really, except for the large library.
Today's schools in Israel, as far as I know at least, have ISP-level censoring which can't be simply 'disabled', but I'm sure there are kids today who know how to get rid of it.
saratdear
Arty wrote:
Our school's computers are better than mine.

Dual core CPU, 2GB RAM

Yet all we are allowed to do on the school computers is go on the school website and use the word processor.

It's pretty much the same for me. My school's computer lab has PCs with Core 2 duo and 1 GB ram, but all we do is type C++ programs, and maybe once in a while visit the internet.
Ghost900
We have a Screen takeover thing that the instructors will use, but never have I had another student do that.

Our school computers are nice, they have 4 gigs of ram and a pretty good possessor.
Greatking
in my time it was not easy to come by a computer. now i hear losts of schools have computers. i did not enjoy the use of a computer in my school. it was very slow and there was quite a few for lots of students, i guess now many schools are doing their best to supply computers to all students. we are in the computer age so something better be done.
czarulit
I've got quite good computers in my school. Dual core processors, 1gb ram and vista running on them (I'd prefer linux...). For what we're doing on them it's sufficient (eg. programming in pascal...).
Jamestf347
Lol I loved messing with the kids last year, I shut down all the computers in class throught the remote shutdown option in windows, it was awesome haha
jmlworld
We didn't have computer at school back in my school days. But later, while at college, I enjoying bullying the students on the network. There were poor security and the network admin was so lazy to track the trouble makers.

I used to boost my knowledge to spy what certain girls were doing.

Computers are so cool when you feel so bored.
pll
It's always funny to take control of the computers, but it's bad if people doesn't save their works!

I used to do it last year, and I saved every work of the people. Then I shutted down the machines, it was funny enough!
airh3ad
One of the best computer school is here in the philippines The Informatics Group,, and is a multinational corporation providing lifelong learning services in information technology and business management. Informatics presently has a global network spanning more than 50 countries. another one is the AMA As the pioneer of computer education in the Philippines. Good thing you have computer subject one is to one hands-on on computer in my time when I went to school we didn't have computers, so I have nothing to miss really, except for the large library we in the campus but now we have the large laboratory and other computer facilities in the school.
carlospro7
When I was in high school, my school used to have really crappy computers, so I never liked them
AftershockVibe
Errr.... why has this topic been dragged up from 2005??!
I bet the original posters would be cringing at some of those replies, if they were still around! Wink
Guelila
Our school uses iMacs for computer labs and MacBooks for mobile labs. I personally prefer the mobile lab and the macbooks just because im used to handling a macbook Smile
ProfessorY91
Muhaha, I love this thread. People exploiting security vulnerabilities. Before I start, it has to be clear that no harm was intended anywhere... You don't mess around with computers in your school and run things that could alter records or find passwords that you shouldn't have.

A while back at a certain place that I won't name there were severely restricted computers that had been recently upgraded to Vista. Vista introduced UAC (User Account Control) which basically stopped letting me play any game which required an exception in the Windows Firewall - that is... any portable multiplayer game that you run off of a flash drive: Call of Duty, Halo for PC, etc.

So I got pretty mad.

There are a few things that you look for when you're fighting back. First, can you boot from a CD? Can you access the computer's CMOS Settings/BIOS? If you can boot from a CD, or better, a flash drive - you're home free. No need to mess with the system, just run your own copy of XP right off the drive. Better yet, run a Ubuntu or Puppy Linux Live CD.

What I did was boot off a CD called Windows NT Password Remover, (the ISO is downloadable), and edited the user accounts so that the Administrator account had no password. Therefore every time UAC came up, you could hit 'enter' and the computer would move to the next screen.

After that, I decided that just being able to play my game wasn't enough. The place had sufficient bandwidth for me to run a dedicated server from the computer, as long as I could keep it open. I wrote a C script and inserted it into the All Users startup folder, which launched the server in the background whenever anyone logged onto the computer.

My point? Fight back... not worth being bogged down by people that think they know better than you.

Also, the easiest way to get around blocked websites inside a school is to use Google Translate as a proxy. Set the language from "English" to "English" and you'll just have the bar across the screen. Babelfish works as well. Failing that... the list of Proxy websites on the internet like hidemyass.com is constantly being updated.
PokerHeaven231
Hmm I'll have to try that, Sounds pretty awesome lol. Ill do that next time I get a sub! XD
MarzEz
My High School system admin wrote his own program called Networx Manager Client. very similar to previously described programs, except that he's got super tight restrictions on the system. you can't get task manager, control panel, or anything that could change something. he's also blocked nearly every site known to students: flash game sites, online e-mail (gmail etc.), image, video and file hosting sites...
restrictions drive me insane.
i love using my computer when i get home simply because i'm not restricted. of course, i've found a couple of loopholes in the system over time...
guissmo
That's kinda cool, but kinda annoying when you don't have the admin privileges.
standready
Nameless wrote:
Slammer wrote:

Perhaps that's because you are supposed to be learing at school, and taking control of other people's screens is disrupting you learning, and more importantly other people's learning? If you do something like that you deserve to be punishment harshly.

I think Nameless nailed it!
When I was a sub, the students tried as they always do. Room layout was great. Computers all against walls. You can stand in the middle of the room and easily see all screens. Anyone caught going off plan was punished.
anakin_skyrunner
Our admins at school are pretty good with monitoring stuff... They use WebFex, and in 2 years nobody was able to get past it. And similar to MarzEz we cannot access any controls of the computer (control panel, task manager, boy, we cannot even right-click on the task bar Rolling Eyes) And with our school's firewall many websites are filtered as well. Luckily our teachers use youtube and online e-mail like hotmail oder gmx, so they can't block these sites Razz
MarzEz
right-click has been disabled everywhere for us, and our system admin has blocked sites like youtube for students only, so teachers are still allowed.
anakin_skyrunner
MarzEz wrote:
right-click has been disabled everywhere for us, and our system admin has blocked sites like youtube for students only, so teachers are still allowed.

As they block the sites with the external firewall that also protects our server they cannot differentiate between pupils and teachers.