FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has anyone seen "Serenity"?

memsa
I have heard that this is a good movie. Has anyone seen it?
KungFuChris
I'm off to see it tomorrow night. I've managed to fit all of Firefly in now, so I'll be prepared, though I believe you should be able to watch it without having seen the series at all.

Haven't seen a terribly bad review posted as yet (bar a lot of nonsense on IMDb comparing it to Stawars!?!), so fingers crossed that the movie format hasn't changed things too much!
Eyre
yep, i just got back from seeing it. MOST AMAZING MOVIE EVER! in my opinion. I thought it was a great movie, never seen Firefly, but i'm going to be taping them now after seeing Serenity. Definitly would give it a 10 out of 10.
KungFuChris
Eyre wrote:
MOST AMAZING MOVIE EVER! in my opinion.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far Smile , but certainly a very good movie and well worth seeing.

I did find the first 15-20 mins a bit... forced, for lack of a better word. Obviously the characters from the series had to be introduced for the first time watcher, and the universe had to be explained to some extent so that the right 'feel' could be created. Unfortunately, having seen the series, I found that the characters dialogue and actions were a touch overblown to get the point across and just didn't quite sit right. Didn't take too long for them to settle down though, and from there the film nicely flowed on by.
Eyre
well, that's the kind of movie i've been waiting for, so in my opinion it was the best movie...and i have'nt really seen lot's of movies. Yes the first few minutes were a little weird though.
KungFuChris
Eyre wrote:
well, that's the kind of movie i've been waiting for, so in my opinion it was the best movie...and i have'nt really seen lot's of movies. Yes the first few minutes were a little weird though.

I apologise... I by no means was meaning to belittle your own opinion, to which you are most certainly entitled, and indeed I would hope that many more share that thought, hopefully to further the cause of possible sequels! Smile

I am perhaps a little different than most in that I still can't decide on a 'favourite' movie. Maybe I'm just not that good at making decisions! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Eyre
Very Happy heh, this is why i dislike talking to people online, you can't show your emotion, i wasnt trying to be smart or anything with you Razz . its all good. i know what you mean though, a lot of times, there are either too many good movies, or not enough.
JagatWorld
Iam trying to understand the movie.... but I couldnt......................

Rolling Eyes
ankhezar
so is it good or not? i still cant decide do i want to see it
XxPrinceValoxX
The movie was okay but thats only if you see it with friends I dont think this movie would be a movie you would go with ur gf.
kaikou
I loved the movie enough to see it four times, with four different groups of friends or family or whatnot. So you can probably guess my answer to the good/bad question, right? Wink

Arrow Go see it! If you like sci-fi, if you love intelligent stories, characters, and dialogue, and if you're dying for a refreshingly amazing movie, you won't regret it. And you may just find yourself in the theater more often than usual Cool
Paul Knight
I've heard nothing but good reviews of this movie.

It blows Star wars ep III out of the water by all accounts, so I'll report back when I've seen it (should be this week!!)
boringest
saw this movie last night and i think the story doesn't flow quite well though...r u sure it's that good?
visionmaster
loved the reavers- they were the best thing in the whole movie
the only thing that i didnt like about it was that the only time you realy got to see the girl fight was in a random pub brawl
eelsource
It's a very cliche movie in my opinion. Nothing new, the samo old stuff. Typical chick flick. Don't give me wrong, i like good chick flick. But this one.. ah... just so..so...
kaikou
^ Did we see the same movie? ... Shocked Lol!
KungFuChris
kaikou wrote:

I have to agree... I don't reckon a sci-fi/western/asian blend would top the usual 'chick flick' list.

Maybe I'm just meeting the wrong kind of chicks though - pass some over this way, will ya? Laughing
thelostgallery
I might rent it soon then... what's it about anyway?
Sappho
KungFuChris wrote:
kaikou wrote:

I have to agree... I don't reckon a sci-fi/western/asian blend would top the usual 'chick flick' list.

Maybe I'm just meeting the wrong kind of chicks though - pass some over this way, will ya? Laughing

I got this kind of answer from one of my friends too and at the end it happened to be a mistake, couse i was talking about Serenity and she was talking about Serendipity (another romantic lets broke up so we can find ourselves together at the end movie) which can be pretty easy classified as a chick flick.
KungFuChris
Sappho wrote:
i was talking about Serenity and she was talking about Serendipity (another romantic lets broke up so we can find ourselves together at the end movie) which can be pretty easy classified as a chick flick.

Ahhh... now that might make some sense! The closest I could get to it was that Serenity had the same one-liner comedic style as Buffy... of course that show had just as much for the guys in it as well Laughing
Shike
I loved this movie. and plan on buying both the series and movie when my debt gets cleared up.

I found that the series, and movie, had some of the best dialog that I've heard in a long time. This movie is "amazing" as in it isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but, it is very good and has some brilliant moments.
yisou
it's a good movie i hered
but till now i have not see it