FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[for 16yrs old+ thread] Kristen (photography)

bjwok
My white background shoots really suck!

Need to separate the background light (and hence less post will be necessary!)

There's 1 more but it's not appropriate here, so go to my site to see it Smile

wellerchap
go on then, I'll be the one that gets sucked in.............

Can we see the "one more" shot, please?

Razz
bjwok
hey buddy, apologies mate, but you'll have to check it at my site as i'm sure it breaks the fri rules!
erlendhg
Nice pictures.
I see you have been a bit unlucky with the lights on the second picture (or am I wrong?), but I think the first picture was really good (amateurly speaking, though). It is a beautiful girl, also.
bjwok
actually the lighting on 2 is spot on. kinda easier to light when shooting from high angle such as this one...
andysart380
dude i want your job... check out my site..im a farmer with a photography hobby

http://www.andysart.frih.org/

yeah i dont really like it but i dont know how to set up the gallery you use...its much better you think you could help me out?
bjwok
thanks andy Smile i love the berries with the ice on them, but i hate that tiltviewer Sad i used it for a while but had so many complaints i changed.
lethaltriad
Always look forward to your Glamour work! Its really missing that extra pic thats on your site to complete it but we know how it would be if you posted it on frihost lol

favourite one is number 4, loved the slight flare in there and your lighting is on point.

I'm actually doing a live fashion shoot in one of the clubs down here on Wednesday night, hopefully it wont take too long so I can boogie on the dance floor after lol, cheers and have a good week!
bjwok
thanks buddy Smile yeah number 4 is the money i recon. even though it's slightly over exposed around the head area. good luck with the fashion shoot. is it a catwalk parade? if so a little advice: find the "hot spot" along the catwalk (speak to the lighting guy beforehand) and shoot with a long lens setting everything for that spot, then wait for the model to enter it before shooting. a little technique i've found that helps a lot! good luck and post the results!
mattyj
Nice shots...And a gorgeous model to boot
dude_xyx
Nice photos again !!
deanhills
My favourite one is the black and white portrait study. Everything is great about it, the lighting, the portrait study, special moment .... in some of the others, the model looks a little tense (may be my imagination), and a little unnatural perhaps. Must be a great challenge to photograph against a white background like that. Excellent quality.
bjwok
thanks mate. yeah i am liking the b/w one more and more too! the challenge i face with white background shoots is how to blow the background without spilling onto the model in the small studio space i have and without triggers. i'm confident with bigger space and radio poppers i could suss it out!
erlendhg
bjwok wrote:
actually the lighting on 2 is spot on. kinda easier to light when shooting from high angle such as this one...

Ah, I see. I just thought it looked a bit funny when her right thigh became so bright that i melted in with the background, but that was maybe on purpose?

Anyhow, as I sad, I really don't know anything about photography, since I am a musician Razz
Good luck anyways.
soljarag
nice job dude... I like the cam angle on 4

are you the kind of photographer that talks like they do on TV the whole shoot?

The one and only photographer I went to did that, and it acually helped me relax Smile

Did you direct her in this shoot? or did she bring some ideas to you?
bjwok
thanks for the nice words Smile

yes i directed kristen in this shoot - i talk the whole way through to set up a easy going vibe. having set that a bunch of these shots were her posing (some from the set that are not included here anyway)
azoundria
Hey,

I visited your site. Nice job. Well laid out. Just a bit curious. How do I find that one picture on your site?
bjwok
err... just go to gallery, glamour, kristen.
andysart380
erlendhg wrote:
Nice pictures.
I see you have been a bit unlucky with the lights on the second picture (or am I wrong?), but I think the first picture was really good (amateurly speaking, though). It is a beautiful girl, also.

sorry i gotta agree with him here...it does look a little lit up on her right side
paul_indo
Impressive web site. amazing what can be done these days.
bjwok
thanks buddy.

i love my job!
eday2010
Find a guy who doesn't enjoy photographing women in the nude and skimpy clothes, and I'll show you someone who's not quite right in the head!
bjwok
haha! true call!
kemal44
very beautiful, where to find them: D
gtsmatrix
Nice photos.. too bad had to stop Mad
bjwok
thanks guys.

looking at these now, the backgrounds suck! they are not white at all!! i gotta re-shoot with kirsten soon!