FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

You Am I @ the Gov

bjwok
With a set list that would give any die-hard You Am I fan a massive stiffy (myself included) You Am I rocked the Gov like it was 1996 all over again. Tim Rogers introduced early You Am I numbers such as "Sound As Ever" & "Forever & Easy" indicating it was high time they were played again. Much to the crowds delight, even the brilliant "Embarrassed" got a running.

Opening proceedings with a rare cover of Regurgitator's (I Sucked A Lot Of ******) To Get Where I Am, the sarcasm and wit was clearly set to full swing, more than likely spurred on by a vast quantity of alcoholic beverages consumed before the show.

Paying homage to the recently departed Magic Dirt bassplayer Dean Turner, they launched into a version of Magic Dirt's "Ice" back announcing it as for "my little sister, who has had a real fu***en sh**ter of a month"

"Gasoline For Two" from the Idiot Box soundtrack took me by surprise - not a track I've seen played live before, although "Cat's & Dogs" got a royal applause. And rightly so!

I've seen a number of You Am I shows over the years and I can easily say this show is one of, if not, the best I've ever seen. Incredible stuff.