FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The prices in China

ciureanuc
Hello,
70%+ of my things are made in China.
If on this forum are people from China, can you help me to know some factory prices from your country?
If you know, how much cost in a factory (or in a store) a T-shirt, a common knife, 100 pieces of cotton buds, a backpack, snickers, pens, chinese pencils (we were communist, the chinese pencils are soooooo known here!)

Arty
I wouldn't think that they would be significantly cheaper, since most of those "things" are not heavily taxed.

But I wouldn't know.
Parkour_Jarrod
but if you deduct transportation costs you could lose about 20% of your price in your country, but.. its not worth buying it from their and shipping it over, because you will be spending about 10% more than usual because your not shipping in bulk
Ghost900
Depending on the item, it may be cheaper as some countries have a large markup. In the US we have a huge markup on China made products. Sometimes I will buy things from China directly as it is way cheaper.
hunnyhiteshseth
Besides transportation cost etc. you also need to take into account exchange rate of dollar vis-a-vis other countries. In case dollar becomes strong against other currencies and since exchange rate of yuan is more or less constant, it may become cheaper to import from other countries than China.
deanhills
It would probably be helpful to know what the motivation is for wishing to know what the differences in prices would be between China and the United States, in your categories of items. I am certain there are so many customs regulations in existence, that the only viable way of getting your products into the States would be in enormous quantities, so that it would really be only very large business organizations with lots of business muscle who can export to the United States. Exception would be if they would have unique products on offer that one would not find in the United States and for which there is a great demand. All of those factors would have a great impact on prices. More so than on a loaf of bread and a can of soda.
tony
ciureanuc wrote:
Hello,
70%+ of my things are made in China.
If on this forum are people from China, can you help me to know some factory prices from your country?
If you know, how much cost in a factory (or in a store) a T-shirt, a common knife, 100 pieces of cotton buds, a backpack, snickers, pens, chinese pencils (we were communist, the chinese pencils are soooooo known here!)

Haha; only 70% - seems low for today's day in age, anywhere in the world Razz
Baka_Desu
In China, you can get a lot of cheap stuff but the quality is not the best when you buy those cheap stuff from China. There are some good quality stuff for a cheap price, but its pretty hard to find.
Cliffer
hard to say,in china,diffirent quality is diffirent price,and for similar quality,diffirent brand is diffirent price,and diffirent time is diffirent price.
k_s_baskar
I purchased low priced china mobile some months ago. I really wonder how they can offer for this price bcoz i bought this mobile for nearly $50 with blue tooth, touch screen, dual sim, memory card with 2 GB. But few days back my mobile operator discontinued service due to improper IMEI number as per our govternments terms.
But govt gave new imei number for certain period for just $4. so my total cost comes to $54 which even now cheap comparing to some popular mobiles which have Maximum retail price to $300 to $500 ?! with same facilities.
hunnyhiteshseth
k_s_baskar wrote:
I purchased low priced china mobile some months ago. I really wonder how they can offer for this price bcoz i bought this mobile for nearly $50 with blue tooth, touch screen, dual sim, memory card with 2 GB. But few days back my mobile operator discontinued service due to improper IMEI number as per our govternments terms.
But govt gave new imei number for certain period for just $4. so my total cost comes to $54 which even now cheap comparing to some popular mobiles which have Maximum retail price to $300 to $500 ?! with same facilities.

Two key difference being --
(i) Customer Service -- In case you have a problem with these sets, there is no warranty/guarantee to get your phone repaired, leave alone any customer service.

(ii) Super-cheap labour & materials that are available in china.
deanhills
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Two key difference being --
(i) Customer Service -- In case you have a problem with these sets, there is no warranty/guarantee to get your phone repaired, leave alone any customer service.
I would add to this that the manufacture of the equipment use materials and designs that have a limited life span. They are not built to last.

Quote:
(ii) Super-cheap labour & materials that are available in china.
Right, and not only in China. People from China are willing to work for almost nothing in order to sell and support sales in overseas countries, to the point of undercutting manufacture of equipment and provision of services in overseas countries.
mengshi200
I think knowing factory price insignificance .because China is export guiding country.
for same product,domestic price often expensive than export price.
Cause is very complex.for example ,chinese govt.administrative cost is No.1 on the word,if factory attend exporting,cost is very lower than saling to domestic consumer.
Cliffer
recently the prices of daily life goods in china,such as vegetables,food oil,flour,rice,beans...are increased sharply.
app893
except China,prices rise all over the world.