FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is a good thing to make a website about?

Parkour_Jarrod
Okay i originally started to make a production thing so i could post my videos and music ect ect,

but due to a lack of time, effort and willpower that was drained from me because of school. I still want to have a website.

but what is a useful and interactive thing i could create?
deanhills
Since you do know something about producing music and videos online, maybe you could start a Website on How to produce music and videos online, or on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about how to produce music and videos online. I'm sure you must have many friends who would be interested to know how you do what you do, and if well done, you would also manage to attract a lot of hits on your Website. I would be particularly interested in how you prepare and upload Videos to Websites. I have looked around and the only option that really seems to be workable is to purchase Adobe Flash software. If you could explain a step by step "How to prepare and upload videos to a Website" that would get people to be interested in your Website, and maybe you could "sell" your services to them at the same time.
Parkour_Jarrod
Brilliant idea...

I should work on it in the summer holidays Smile look for a release in January
Parkour_Jarrod
Whats a good name for the site/company for your idea Dean?
deanhills
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
I'm not completely sure. Maybe the name needs to develop out of your Website, when you work on it. The name may just come spontaneously out of what you are working on. What would sell well however, is if you start the name with "How to ...." "How to" seem to get lots of hits, and then make sure the stuff that you would like to "sell" would be in the name. Perhaps: "How to produce music and videos online"?
Parkour_Jarrod
deanhills wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
I'm not completely sure. Maybe the name needs to develop out of your Website, when you work on it. The name may just come spontaneously out of what you are working on. What would sell well however, is if you start the name with "How to ...." "How to" seem to get lots of hits, and then make sure the stuff that you would like to "sell" would be in the name. Perhaps: "How to produce music and videos online"?

Hmm nice idea, but seem a bit to long for a domain, any ideas for a short 6-10 letter name>
Donutey
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Okay i originally started to make a production thing so i could post my videos and music ect ect,

but due to a lack of time, effort and willpower that was drained from me because of school. I still want to have a website.

but what is a useful and interactive thing i could create?

Make it about something that you are interested in! That is probably the single most important thing. If you don't have the desire to drive you to continue working on the site, you won't have any incentive to spend time on it.
Possum
Think of a business you want to own

Make a website about that

Don't stop until the website turns into that business..
chasbeen
You know, you could do worse for a hobby, but don't just talk about it make it a reality.
Are you hosted already at frihost, because there's nowhere else that is so unselfish to not ask for a penny.

Sooooo youv'e got all the tools you need right here.

If you really are a novice I would not mind helping you but first yo got to get your server accound here at Frihost (If you did not do it yet)

You get to type a "proxy" domain into your address bar but your work can easily be transferred to a domain when you decide to cough up the priincely sum of $25.

My .com name is called IRunMyWebSite.com

Let us know if you took your first step!