FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Left4Dead Prequel

Left4Dead2
I think Valve should make a left4dead prequel because almost everyone is thinking how they meet and how the infection started so there should be a prequel of it telling how they all meet and how the infection started.
QrafTee
Left4Dead2 wrote:
I think Valve should make a left4dead prequel because almost everyone is thinking how they meet and how the infection started so there should be a prequel of it telling how they all meet and how the infection started.
I think Valve shouldn't release Left4Dead 3 in Q3 2010... but they probably will.
achowles
Yeah, but how about this time they make it a L4D2 DLC instead of a whole new game? How about that?

I do think that a prequel would be a good idea though. So you get to see the first signs of infection and fight alongside the military and police as they try and contain it. And fail. It could be a lot more epic than the comparatively contained environments of what's been done so far with the series.

But really, I think it's going to take a new engine to take L4D to the next level.
LostOverThere
I'd definitely like to see Valve do a prequel to Left 4 Dead - it could be really interesting.

That being said, I'd prefer Episode 3 first. Wink
SunD3R
In the prequel, it could also show scenes of people actually mutating into different types of zombies too. Instead of campaigns, you would play each character's story until they meet up with everybody else. Something like that would be awesome. Wink
QrafTee
SunD3R wrote:
In the prequel, it could also show scenes of people actually mutating into different types of zombies too. Instead of campaigns, you would play each character's story until they meet up with everybody else. Something like that would be awesome. Wink
You're giving too much credit to a company that has turned to the dark side and started developing games only for the money.
achowles
LostOverThere wrote:
I'd definitely like to see Valve do a prequel to Left 4 Dead - it could be really interesting.

That being said, I'd prefer Episode 3 first. Wink

Agreed on both counts! Valve really need to pull their finger out and give us a conclusion to Half Life already!

A L4D prequel could be cool though. Especially if you're surrounded by the madness as people start to succumb to the disease.
Diablosblizz
Valve is making DLC that will "re-unite" all the previous L4D characters, apparently 8 different characters to choose from, a new campaign and possibly 8 player multiplayer!
achowles
Diablosblizz wrote:
Valve is making DLC that will "re-unite" all the previous L4D characters, apparently 8 different characters to choose from, a new campaign and possibly 8 player multiplayer!

I take it that this is for the second one only?
andysart380
i havnt heard anything about any DLC but if so i would imagine its a L4D2 add-on not the first one.
Flakky
L4D is not so much into story telling. If you have listened to the developer commentary you know why. L4D is not meant to be storytelling which is repetetive since it is meant to be played over and over again.
agustin
Is a good game If you like Zombis. Its an interesting game playing it with friends and having a good time.