FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

victoria, australia

mattyj
i have started a photo journal of my home state of Victoria, Australia

photos are here http://www.pbase.com/mattyjsmith/victoria

i will update as i add more, so far i have added

Melbourne - state capital
bendigo - 4th largest city in state and my former home town
buchan - my current home town
paynesville - nice little beach town
aireys inlet - another nice little beach town on the other side of the state
tdossi
Hello mattyj,
nice photos. I like these.

Victorias breathtaking scenery and varied nature are a paradise.

The Great Ocean Road, one of the most famous coastal routes of the world. Along weird sandstone cliffs she winds by rain forests, juicy green pastures and endless Australian brushland. Blue-green eucalyptus woods and softly rolling vineyards alternate in the Yarra Valley. Ballarat and Bendigo tell about the gold fever. In the north Murray Fluss writhes by hot steppe areas and fertile oases with fruit and wine cultivation. The Alps in the east of the country lure with Outdoor to experiences and in the pubs one tells himself the legendary adventures the Bush's ranger which wrote here history.

tdossi
tdossi
With its 1800 km coast line here is, even if the weather can be quite varied, rain and sunshine are often separated only minutes, life at sea as important as in the rest of Australia.

As the smallest of the mainland states Victoria has the highest population density of the Australian states. Victoria also has the greatest agricultural and industrial production. It is considered a model state in the Australian states. He is also called "The Garden State", as in the temperate climate of the south everything is green, and spring flowers in all colors throughout Victoria.

The message that gold was discovered in Victoria in 1851 quickly went around the world. Reports and rumors led to Australia break world adventurers to make their fortune. Before the Gold Rush there were few who wanted to emigrate to Victoria, but now was the head premium for men increased by one pound to more women and families in Victoria lure. End of 1851 had reached more than 30 000 immigrants.

Between 1851 and 1861, Victoria grew from 76 000 to the largest colony in Australia with 540 000 people. 45% of the total Australian population.
mattyj
why did you bumb this thread after 6 months with a bunch of information you have obviously copied and pasted from wikipedia or something?

trying to get your points up?
mark1230
Australia is good place to visit ,
cool beaches and girls ...hhmmmmm
tdossi
Australia, I think it's great. Just wanted to see where you can make nice holiday there. And the pictures I really like about Victoria. So I was wondering if I should make vacation in Victoria.
rogue_skydragon
Awesome photos, mattyj! Victoria is truly a beautiful place to live in...you're so lucky! I wish to visit the city, and the country in general, someday soon.
deanhills
They are really good photos. Excellent quality. I like the composition of all of them. Completely different.
tdossi
So I would recommend you to drive along the coast! Melbourne as a starting point (where you could spend two weeks alone - because this is not possible, I recommend especially the Fitzroy and St Kilda district considered). Then drive along the Great Ocean Road - this is a must. To see it is inter alia the Twelve Apostles. For the route you should allow three full days. If you're of course halten.Lohnenswert surfers in Torquay is also a stop in the Grampians. Then to Adelaide. In Adelaide I took a day trip to the Barossa Valley (vast vineyards). From others I've heard that Phillip Iceland should be great - for penguin watching - although I myself was not there. Adelaide for myself I think to reach out for two days ...
mattyj
tdossi wrote:
So I would recommend you to drive along the coast! Melbourne as a starting point (where you could spend two weeks alone - because this is not possible, I recommend especially the Fitzroy and St Kilda district considered). Then drive along the Great Ocean Road - this is a must. To see it is inter alia the Twelve Apostles. For the route you should allow three full days. If you're of course halten.Lohnenswert surfers in Torquay is also a stop in the Grampians. Then to Adelaide. In Adelaide I took a day trip to the Barossa Valley (vast vineyards). From others I've heard that Phillip Iceland should be great - for penguin watching - although I myself was not there. Adelaide for myself I think to reach out for two days ...

Adelaide is not in victoria....