FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my account was hacked

ponda
i don't know if this is the place to post this... but i was on my friend's computer today and i wanted to show her my site but when i tried to go there it said that the site had been reported as an attack site. i had to get on another computer to be able to log in...my pages were all messed up...i deleted everything but i have no idea what to do someone please help me.
Diablosblizz
Tell us more than you were just "hacked." How were you hacked, what was put on the pages?
ponda
Diablosblizz wrote:
Tell us more than you were just "hacked." How were you hacked, what was put on the pages?

nothing was really put on the pages, just my content was all gone, except for the images and stuff but the css nor javascripts would work...and whoever hacked it created an ftp and e-mail account, i deleted everything but the pages still show up. i just don't understand how it got hacked...
Bondings
First of all, I have reset your account, please check your pm for the details.

Secondly, when I go to your website, Google blocked it, not your subdomain, but the whole frihost.org domain.

You said that your pages were completely messed up. Can you explain any further? Was there any code, like javascript, added to your website?

You said there was an ftp an email account created, which username/email was it?

Also, anyone else on Server 4 (frihost.org subdomain) that thinks his website was hacked? Like code added to your pages or ftp/email accounts created? However, if you visit your subdomain and get a message that frihost.org is blocked by Google Safe Browsing, that is normal since they blocked the whole domain and not a subdomain.
Bondings
I found another account, which was hacked and most likely responsible for the Attack Site warning.

Could it be that your website wasn't really hacked after all? Maybe you forgot about adding the ftp and email account? Of course your account could have been hacked to and completely unrelated to the Attack Site thing.
ponda
Bondings wrote:
I found another account, which was hacked and most likely responsible for the Attack Site warning.

Could it be that your website wasn't really hacked after all? Maybe you forgot about adding the ftp and email account? Of course your account could have been hacked to and completely unrelated to the Attack Site thing.

No, I am pretty sure it was hacked because my pages were messed up, the content was removed and i never created any ftp or e-mail accounts, i only uploaded my site right there in the control panel.

When I saw my pages all messed up like that, I freaked out and figured someone had put something on them that could hurt my computer so i deleted them, but the little bar that measure how much space i'm using kept saying that i was using half a gig of space...i didin't catch the usernames or anything sorry...
Sunny
Bondings...perhaps u can use "google webmaster tools" to see which pages are responsible for that message.

Also there is a handy malware reviewe form...
Asap170
Bondings wrote:

I got another account! Lol it's not mine, but someone else's http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://planet.frihost.org/&client=googlechrome&hl=en-US

It tells you what on there and that... If you need the user I can get it for you.
Bondings
Asap170 wrote:
Bondings wrote:

I got another account! Lol it's not mine, but someone else's http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://planet.frihost.org/&client=googlechrome&hl=en-US

It tells you what on there and that... If you need the user I can get it for you.

If you look at the details, it says it's about frihost.org, not the subdomain. All subdomains are treated this way currently.

@Sunny, I have already sent a reply at the google webmaster tools thing this afternoon.

I think the warnings only occur on Google Chrome and Firefox 3.5 (at least my Firefox 3 on another computer didn't report it). I don't think other browsers block the subdomains.
ssweat
I was having this issue as well and it was kind of freaking me out...I hope it gets resolved soon. Kind of silly they would just put such a general tag on the whole domain rather than the target