FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriHost PHP login problem

Meit
i am trying to access my http://www.frihost.org/phpmyadmin/ link it is asking for usernsme and password

when i am trying to login with my forum username and password it says authorisation failed try again

any help plzzzzzz
Peterssidan
Your should use the password for your hosting account which is different from your forum password. The username might also be different. The login details for your hosting account is in the email you received when you got your hosting account.
Marcuzzo
I don't think you should be accessing http://www.frihost.org/phpmyadmin.

normaly it would be <YOURSITE>.frih.org/phpmyadmin
coreymanshack
Marcuzzo wrote:

It doesn't matter its all a symlink that points to the same location.
Hogwarts
coreymanshack wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:

Depending on the server you're on
coreymanshack
Hogwarts wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:

Depending on the server you're on

Oh Smile
So directadmin and cpanel treat phpmyadmin differently? I didn't know that Smile
Diablosblizz
coreymanshack wrote:
So directadmin and cpanel treat phpmyadmin differently? I didn't know that.

No, the frihost.com domain is server 3, I believe (all the mumbo-jumbo about server 2 confusing me). Therefore, if you have a account on server 3 you can login to phpmyadmin via frihost.com/phpmyadmin/ (I can because my hosting is on server 3). Whereas if you were on server 1 and attempted to login via frihost.net/phpmyadmin it would not work because they are two totally different servers. The frihost.com domain doesn't redirect according to login.
coreymanshack
Diablosblizz wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

No, the frihost.com domain is server 3, I believe (all the mumbo-jumbo about server 2 confusing me). Therefore, if you have a account on server 3 you can login to phpmyadmin via frihost.com/phpmyadmin/ (I can because my hosting is on server 3). Whereas if you were on server 1 and attempted to login via frihost.net/phpmyadmin it would not work because they are two totally different servers. The frihost.com domain doesn't redirect according to login.

I know, thats why I'm asking about the symlinks.
Hogwarts
coreymanshack wrote:
Diablosblizz wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

Such 'symlinks' can only exist on one server; as each phpmyadmin installation is generally configured to be exclusive to a single database server (and there are different database server installations on each of Frihost's servers)
coreymanshack
Hogwarts wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
Diablosblizz wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

Such 'symlinks' can only exist on one server; as each phpmyadmin installation is generally configured to be exclusive to a single database server (and there are different database server installations on each of Frihost's servers)

So you are saying that the machine that hosts two servers is not using virtualization software and it's actually running two side by side instances of apache/mysq/php etc.
Raidation
Actually, Server 3 is frihost.org

He was right. It should work.