FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

fluffy

Asap170
Well the other day I got called fluffy... I don't know what it means.. I know it's an insult, but I didn't want to "Bing it" so I decided to ask you here. So what does "Fluffy" mean?
Arty
I always look up slang that I don't know on urban dictionary:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fluffy
ocalhoun
I would presume it means 'fat'...
missdixy
I would probably take it also as sort of "fat" but without the negative connotation. Like, something fluffy is comfortable to lay on/cuddle with etc. Very Happy
TurtleShell
K, since we're discussing slangs and pejorative terms, I used to get called "snowflake" when I was living in Harlem. It was always men, cat calling me from the street. I always had an idea of what it meant (-->little white girl here<--), but never could figure out the...connotation. Like, did they mean it to be mean? was it sexual? I asked a woman in my office once and she laughed at me. She knew what it was but didn't describe it well. She said it wasn't mean, but I couldn't decide if she was trying to protect my feelings. So, what does snowflake mean?
deanhills
Asap170 wrote:
Well the other day I got called fluffy... I don't know what it means.. I know it's an insult, but I didn't want to "Bing it" so I decided to ask you here. So what does "Fluffy" mean?
I looked this up in "Urban Dictionary" and you can take your pick:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fluffy

TurtleShell wrote:
So, what does snowflake mean?
I found a number of meanings in "Urban Dictionary", you may be able to take your own meaning from it:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snowflake
Greatking
fluffy is sort of a very soft cloth, or pillow, something of that sort. if its refered to a human being then i think the person is trying to say you look healthy.
Arty
It depends how they've said it.
Ghost900
That is true, depending on the context and way they said it could affect there meaning.

If somebody called me fluffy, I would assume they are talking about my clothing and how I look cozy and puffy.

As far as snowflake, that definitely means white person but as to whether it is positive or negative would all depend on how it is said.
Asap170
I just found out that he was calling me furry, and not fluffy! haha My mistake. So what does furry mean?
ocalhoun
Asap170 wrote:
So what does furry mean?

Now that is an entirely different thing...

Which is it?
"You are furry"
or
"You are a furry"

Traditionally an adjective, but it has developed a noun form with some very interesting connotations.
deanhills
Asap170 wrote:
I just found out that he was calling me furry, and not fluffy! haha My mistake. So what does furry mean?
OK, you can look this up too at:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=furry

There are a great number of definitions you can pick from either in the positive or extreme negative, but I liked this one:
Quote:
Possibly the strangest sub-culture in all of geekdom
Parkour_Jarrod
Asap170 wrote:

Going into the taboo section here as others have not, perhaps it was said in a sexual sense to refer to your pubic hair...
Asap170
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Asap170 wrote:

Going into the taboo section here as others have not, perhaps it was said in a sexual sense to refer to your pubic hair...

Well a guy said it to me and I sure hope that isn't what he meant...
tony
Hrm.. fluffy.... how could that be heavy? I envision a lightweigth fluffy pillow, full of feathers, comfortable and light....

Interesting about snowflake!!