FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Group Policy Edit..





nivinjoy
I have disabled changing of wallpaper and screen saver and access to control panel using Group policy edit (gpedit) in windows XP..!!

When someone tries to access control panel the following message comes

Quote:
operation canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, contact your system administrator


I want to change the wordings of this message..!! How can i do this..??
coreymanshack
nivinjoy wrote:
I have disabled changing of wallpaper and screen saver and access to control panel using Group policy edit (gpedit) in windows XP..!!

When someone tries to access control panel the following message comes

Quote:
operation canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, contact your system administrator


I want to change the wordings of this message..!! How can i do this..??


Probably a registry entry? Just a guess.
Diablosblizz
You'd have to edit a file, illegally. It could also cause instability.
coreymanshack
Diablosblizz wrote:
You'd have to edit a file, illegally. It could also cause instability.


I didn't know editing the registry was illegal, or any other file in the os like .dll
Diablosblizz
No, the registry doesn't contain strings. It is possible, for example, to change the "START" in Windows XP to anything you'd like, although you have to edit explorer.exe which is probably against the Terms of Usage of Windows. Sure, there are tools to do it but it's not recommended.
nivinjoy
Ok..Now i have something different..

I have listed some actions which are to be performed using gpedit. Please tell me the ways to do them.

1. I have to disable users from creating or changing the password

2. I have to disable users from changing their profile picture

3. Most importantly i want to disable users (only users not admin) from cut,copy,paste,delete operations.

I want to do all these.. How can i do all these in XP professional using gpedit.msc

Please help me out guys..!!
coreymanshack
nivinjoy wrote:
Ok..Now i have something different..

I have listed some actions which are to be performed using gpedit. Please tell me the ways to do them.

1. I have to disable users from creating or changing the password

2. I have to disable users from changing their profile picture

3. Most importantly i want to disable users (only users not admin) from cut,copy,paste,delete operations.

I want to do all these.. How can i do all these in XP professional using gpedit.msc

Please help me out guys..!!


Disable from copy paste?! Jeez. You might want to disable bios entry cause if you did that to me I'd bring an OS on a flash drive and boot from it.
Related topics
group policy object
Group policy for the insurace by santa singh.,.
Prohibit Homepage Change
Would you consider this fast?
751 Useful Windows XP Files
Windows Tips&tricks!
Turn off "THUMBS.db"
Windows XP Tricks & Tips!!!!
SHORTCUT KEY
gpedit
Groot probleem
Remove Log Off and Turn Off Computer from Start Menu
which server operating system?
Windows Vista Official Thread
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Operating Systems

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.