FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Names

caaltt
Hello,

I recently purchased a registered domain name so that my site will fall under that name instead of the subdomain I started with.

How do I configure cpanel AND the DNS of the registered name so that the subdomain name will be replaced on all pages??

Thanks....sorry for the confusing pst Exclamation Rolling Eyes
Bondings
Don't worry about the confusing post, I'm used to it. Actually, I do understand everything and you used real sentences. Wink

About your question:

Arrow Go to your domain registrar (where you registered your domain).
Arrow Go to some "nameserver setup" page or a similar name
Arrow Search for a place to fill in ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net
Arrow Fill in ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net
Arrow Go to cpanel --> parked domains.
Arrow Fill in the domain name without www --> domain.com
Arrow Click on ok.
Arrow Wait a bit and your new domain will show the same as your subdomain.

Please also post your domain name so we can check it, unless you want to keep it private, of course.
Daniel15
Alternatively, if you want to instead point your domain name at a folder in your account (so you can host something else on it), just add it as an 'Addon Domain' as opposed to a parked one.

Quote:

Go to some "nameserver setup" page or a similar name

What this page is called depends on your registrar. For example, on the registrar I use (DomainSite.com), it's called 'DNS Management', but can also be called name like 'DNS Registration', 'DNS Setup', 'DNS Entries', 'Name Server Entries', DNS Hosting'... Just look for something with 'Name Server' or 'DNS' in the name, and you'll be fine!

EDIT: This seems to be a very frequent question. Maybe it's time to update the FAQ. It says what the nameservers are, but doesn't properly explain how to add addon/parked domains.
Bondings
I added a bit to that FAQ. But most people who ask a question didn't even read the faq, I guess, so it won't make a difference.

I will also try to make an intro page on the main site for new people, a sort of Frihost guide. But that won't be for tomorrow.
budazz
Bondings wrote:
I added a bit to that FAQ. But most people who ask a question didn't even read the faq, I guess, so it won't make a difference.

I will also try to make an intro page on the main site for new people, a sort of Frihost guide. But that won't be for tomorrow.

i wonder what bondings idea is?...hmmmm Very Happy
pacslim
budazz wrote:
Bondings wrote:

i wonder what bondings idea is?...hmmmm Very Happy

Bondings right, ive readed the faq never, sorry a good advise we should all read it at least once before posting for support, for next time, i will 2, Embarassed my appoligies Bondings, I bet ur a bussy person allready ! Wink
caaltt
Thank you very much for the reply Laughing

Sorry I didn't think of reading the FAQs first, I will next time.

But...I thought the whole point of the required FORUMS is to get people to post as often as possible. At least post proper comments and questions as often as possible anyway.

Thanks again Smile