FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Help for antispyware...





orcaz
I need help in considering my antispyware software. Now, I have ZoneAlarm Pro, which comes with Antispyware, and MS Antispyware, so can anyone suggest which one is better, because it is not really good to run two antispywares together, just like running two firewalls together.
ulmas
I also have 3 antispyware programs, MS Antispyware, Spybot Search and Destroy and Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal. I found Spybot Search & Destroy the most effective because it was the only who found the spyware application in my System32 folder, while MS Antispyware and Ad-Aware did not. Anyway I have all 3 of them and run from time to time.

Spybot S&D is here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
techack
I think running freeware like Ad-aware and Spybot is quite good but If u can purchase then go for Webroot spy sweeper!
Wiepie
orcaz wrote:
I need help in considering my antispyware software. Now, I have ZoneAlarm Pro, which comes with Antispyware, and MS Antispyware, so can anyone suggest which one is better, because it is not really good to run two antispywares together, just like running two firewalls together.


Use HitManPro! It comes with:

Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE 1.06
Spybot Search & Destroy
Spy Sweeper 3 en 4
Spyware Doctor 3.2
CWShredder 2.15
SpywareBlaster 3.4
Spyware Block List
NOD32 AntiThreat 2.5
Sysclean Package
SuperDAT VirusScan

And that just in one program! And also security for IE!

Because i don't may post links, PM me for the link, are just google (The Site is in Dutch!)
tefa_taftaf2010
if you wanna a very hood one

here is

http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8006


i put it be4 in this forum

it's free to remove your spyware

just try and tell me the results

waiting
phileplanet
tefa_taftaf2010 wrote:
if you wanna a very hood one

here is

http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8006


i put it be4 in this forum
it's free to remove your spyware
just try and tell me the results
waiting


I, personally, don't find Spyware Doctor very usefull. Everytime I scan, it gives me very few if not zero matches. Then I try scanning with Lavasoft Ad-Aware and it finds like 6. I use Ad-Aware and Spybot on a regular basis and every now and then I use Spyware Doctor. Of course, if you're using IE and you switch to Firefox, this should be less of a problem for you.
S3nd K3ys
phileplanet wrote:
[...Of course, if you're using IE and you switch to Firefox, this should be less of a problem for you.


Yep. IE in it's 'default' state is a haven for spyware. Ditch it, or lock down the security settings to prevent activeX an activeScripting.
win66
Norton anti spyware...
viper34
use the ad-aware 6 professional ..
its an easy , fast and good spyware earser tool .. Very Happy
i use it and i dont have spyware for almost a year Wink
mosh7454
KASPERSKY is an ultimate solution for all spyware and viruses
kimia
I offer you zonelabs.
ms antispyware is not good.
because it makes your machine slower.
yjwong
All of you are not answering the question. He/she asks to compare ZoneAlarm and MS Antispyware, but you give him/her a list of antispyware programs. Adds to his/her dillema.

^ Wrong. "It's better to be safe than sorry".
TheSun
i think MS Antispyware and Ad Aware is enough
James007
Wiepie wrote:

Use HitManPro! It comes with:

Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE 1.06
Spybot Search & Destroy
Spy Sweeper 3 en 4
Spyware Doctor 3.2
CWShredder 2.15
SpywareBlaster 3.4
Spyware Block List
NOD32 AntiThreat 2.5
Sysclean Package
SuperDAT VirusScan

And that just in one program! And also security for IE!

Because i don't may post links, PM me for the link, are just google (The Site is in Dutch!)

If you consider using this bad program, read what I said about it in this topic.

James Smile
nntien
[From="Wiepie"

Use HitManPro! It comes with:

Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE 1.06
Spybot Search & Destroy
Spy Sweeper 3 en 4
Spyware Doctor 3.2
CWShredder 2.15
SpywareBlaster 3.4
Spyware Block List
NOD32 AntiThreat 2.5
Sysclean Package
SuperDAT VirusScan

And that just in one program! And also security for IE!

Because i don't may post links, PM me for the link, are just google (The Site is in Dutch!)]

The best for anti-spyware I used is Spyware Doctor.
Try it, now. I think you like it!
Indyan
The best one is Webroot.
smallcalf
I have Zonealarm sercurity suit and MS antispyware, spybot and adaware. I set Zonealarm to start when my computer starts. It has the antispyware components to help you keep track of every changes to your systems like changing the registry. I use MS antispyware, Spybot and adaware to scan 2 times a week for spyware. Don't run all of them or any two of them because it will consume most of your computer resourses and will have conflict.
inet
MS antispyware is not bad, at lease it is free now.
theRist
The best solution against spyware is:

1. Spybot Search&Destroy
2. Adaware

It is the best when you use them both. Be aware of Spyware Antispyware programes.
gnomme
orcaz wrote:
I need help in considering my antispyware software. Now, I have ZoneAlarm Pro, which comes with Antispyware, and MS Antispyware, so can anyone suggest which one is better, because it is not really good to run two antispywares together, just like running two firewalls together.


try ADAWARE or SPYBOOT its free and efficient
ROWDY!
I have a little experience in dealing with Spyware and Adware and also the respective programs that claim to eradicate them.
First of all i would like to point you well away from MS Anit-Spyware at this time. This product is in BETA - or in otherwords it is not finished. I assume if you are using Zone Alarm Pro you have payed for it (otherwise you are using the trial version). I would certainly recomend you stay with this solution. It is ok to keep a few anti-spyware programs on your computer at once, i wouldnt recomend running them at the same time though!
Finally some of the other free products available:
Sybot - S&D - very useful
Ad-Aware Personal - also very useful
Spyware Doctor - I personally consider this one to be the best.

And i strongy diagree with the use of the KAPERSKY firewall!
shaggly
ulmas wrote:
I also have 3 antispyware programs, MS Antispyware, Spybot Search and Destroy and Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal. I found Spybot Search & Destroy the most effective because it was the only who found the spyware application in my System32 folder, while MS Antispyware and Ad-Aware did not. Anyway I have all 3 of them and run from time to time.


I also run S&D and AdAware, but I wouldn't go on the MS s/w out of principal. I find it strange that MS would release an anti-spyware s/w, when most of their other s/w seems set up to enable a semi skilled attacker entry (IE, as a prime example)...
shaggly
ulmas wrote:
I also have 3 antispyware programs, MS Antispyware, Spybot Search and Destroy and Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal. I found Spybot Search & Destroy the most effective because it was the only who found the spyware application in my System32 folder, while MS Antispyware and Ad-Aware did not. Anyway I have all 3 of them and run from time to time.


I also run S&D and AdAware, but I wouldn't go on the MS s/w out of principal. I find it strange that MS would release an anti-spyware s/w, when most of their other s/w seems set up to enable a semi skilled attacker entry (IE, as a prime example)...

I've found that these two, again coupled with a fairly good router setup, registry monitoring, and AVG has kept me very well protected. However, the best thing that will help to protect you is KNOWLEDGE. Do as much reading as you can, on your level, and try to understand the attack methods. Then you can decide on the best approach for you, to prevent common attacks.

Simple things like using Firefox instead of IE, along with NoScript or the newer web development extension will also help to make your web browsing experience a much safer one.
Related topics
can i help?
help,Bonding
HELP!!
Help me with MySQL Account Maintenance and phpBB 2.0.15 :((
Strange Fire fox problem
How Spyware Works!!!
help, change pass my acc in cpanel
help me upgrade php to 5.
Need help adding a domain
help add admin in phpbb forum
How to solve this problem? Thanks
Help!
Help me change port for phptriad
New Windows Defender Replaces Old AntiSpyware
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.