FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's up with SEO

coreymanshack
So I've been trying to launch my website http://3ld.biz/ it offers free domains and other stuff, and I've been posting comments on peoples blogs to try and get links to my website. I've submitted my site to google, did all the meta tags stuff, did the sitemap thing, did the robots.txt thing.... I still can't seem to get ranked in PR. I can't seem to get people to come and register.
What am I doing wrong here?
deanhills
coreymanshack wrote:
So I've been trying to launch my website http://3ld.biz/ it offers free domains and other stuff, and I've been posting comments on peoples blogs to try and get links to my website. I've submitted my site to google, did all the meta tags stuff, did the sitemap thing, did the robots.txt thing.... I still can't seem to get ranked in PR. I can't seem to get people to come and register.

First of all, when I tried your Website it went to a static admin page. Maybe there are technical problems with your Website? I tried the above .biz URL.
Secondly, I would be put off by the .biz. Probably better to register a .com domain if you are into serious business.
Thirdly, I have just done my own looking around for 3-letter domains and I find that the .co.cc one is doing very well as it is connected with Websites that are marketing free website space. So maybe you should try and get reciprocal links between your Website and Websites who provide free Website hosting. I'm not sure how this will work with Frihost rules, so maybe you need to run this by the Moderators first.
In addition, it could be good to have something "free" to offer to attract people to your Website. Connected to people starting new Websites. Maybe a page full of useful Web design and marketing tools, or links.
coreymanshack
deanhills wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

First of all, when I tried your Website it went to a static admin page. Maybe there are technical problems with your Website? I tried the above .biz URL.
Secondly, I would be put off by the .biz. Probably better to register a .com domain if you are into serious business.
Thirdly, I have just done my own looking around for 3-letter domains and I find that the .co.cc one is doing very well as it is connected with Websites that are marketing free website space. So maybe you should try and get reciprocal links between your Website and Websites who provide free Website hosting. I'm not sure how this will work with Frihost rules, so maybe you need to run this by the Moderators first.
In addition, it could be good to have something "free" to offer to attract people to your Website. Connected to people starting new Websites. Maybe a page full of useful Web design and marketing tools, or links.

Yes, I am doing maintenence on the server.. It has been down for like 12 hours now. I'm offering free domain names btw. The site should be back up within the hour and I'd invite you to revisit it Smile.
riccopt
PR is not worth a thing... you should worry about getting ranked and getting traffic...

are you giving away .coms? or subdomains on your .BIZ site?
distantship
To get pr is a totally different thing from getting your site index and it's definitely different from getting ranking! Making title tag etc.. is only called on page seo while off page SEO are much more important. Get site map could only get your site crawl by google deeper and it would just magically make google come to crawl your site. this is really non relevant. to get pr, you have to have different backlinks from tons of pr sites with different c-class ip addresses (even better)..to pass to juice to your site. then, maybe a new site would get pr on the next pr update. to get ranking in any case, is the way to get targeted visitors to register to your site. i think you already know how to get ranking already so i'm not going to explain here. Just to point out that the works that you've done are totally different and you haven't done anything wrong. just that seo needs time and effort. anyway, the best of luck to your site and i like the idea of your site. many new Internet marketers or newbies would definitely be benefited from it if free domain is an offer that doesn't attach with any conditions.
coreymanshack
riccopt wrote:
PR is not worth a thing... you should worry about getting ranked and getting traffic...

are you giving away .coms? or subdomains on your .BIZ site?

I'm giving away .coms or any other TLD.

distantship wrote:
To get pr is a totally different thing from getting your site index and it's definitely different from getting ranking! Making title tag etc.. is only called on page seo while off page SEO are much more important. Get site map could only get your site crawl by google deeper and it would just magically make google come to crawl your site. this is really non relevant. to get pr, you have to have different backlinks from tons of pr sites with different c-class ip addresses (even better)..to pass to juice to your site. then, maybe a new site would get pr on the next pr update. to get ranking in any case, is the way to get targeted visitors to register to your site. i think you already know how to get ranking already so i'm not going to explain here. Just to point out that the works that you've done are totally different and you haven't done anything wrong. just that seo needs time and effort. anyway, the best of luck to your site and i like the idea of your site. many new Internet marketers or newbies would definitely be benefited from it if free domain is an offer that doesn't attach with any conditions.

Thank you very much for that explanation distantship.

I've been concentrating on getting traffic as I posted I've been posting on blogs and such. What are some other techniques to get traffic?