FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox crashes!!

venkateshwarans
There is a strange problem with my firefox. All of a sudden it crashes. I can view existing pages like viewing a picture. No clicking on links nothing. I can't open a new window. I can open a new tab but won't display any page. I have to restart firefox to set things right. WHat could be the problem guys?
Summer
Never tried b4 . Confused
yjwong
No this problem before except in http://ro.gameflier.com.my. Firefox hangs up then crashes.
budazz
at least i dont experience any problem Very Happy
Kd527
I've never had that problem. Maybe some sort of malware...?
S3nd K3ys
Kd527 wrote:
I've never had that problem. Maybe some sort of malware...?

That would be my guess. I haven't had any problems with FF 1.0.7
althalus
Try uninstalling / reinstalling Firefox to see if that solves the mystery. Might want to save any bookmarks, just in case.
snowboardalliance
Try safe mode
and create a new profile and try that
picsite
That used to happen to me, it's usually to do with a lack of resources for your comp. Ram is a big issue with anything crashing. Try closing a lot of other running programs and than open a couple tabs to see if that happens again.
Aimewitue
i have some crash too with the 1.07 version. i don't have solution yet
kv
Might be some problem with windows. If you have clean os installation, I think it will solve problem.
babumuchhala
kv wrote:
Might be some problem with windows. If you have clean os installation, I think it will solve problem.
Thats jumping the GUN toooooooo much

First step is trying to uninstall & then reinstall FF.

Second Step is to run a complete virus & malware scan. Plus u may also use Registry Mechanins & CCleanear to clean up everything

This should solve all the problem.

If it dosent the Formatt

After all this i can say one thing. OPERA ROCKS Smile
gonzo
babumuchhala wrote:

That will accomplish nothing. One's profile is NOT stored in the application directory. Google

mozillazine KB

and sort out how to create a FRESH profile
progman89
venkateshwarans wrote:
There is a strange problem with my firefox. All of a sudden it crashes. I can view existing pages like viewing a picture. No clicking on links nothing. I can't open a new window. I can open a new tab but won't display any page. I have to restart firefox to set things right. WHat could be the problem guys?

What web sites is this occuring on, where are you, and what plugins do you have installed? That should allow us to answer the question. Oh and also, what OS and FF version are you using?
venkateshwarans
It is not occurring on any specific site. My firefox version is 1.0. One of the oldest. I have win98. I one had a virus infecting my pc. I have cleaned up the mess and had windows reinstalled. Will try upgrading the version. That should solve the problem.
jongoldsz
Which version of windows are you using?
gonzo
gonzo wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:

That will accomplish nothing. One's profile is NOT stored in the application directory. Google

mozillazine KB

and sort out how to create a FRESH profile

Did you miss it the first time I said it? Installing a new version will not overcome a corrupted profile. Create a FRESH profile.
billgertz
probably you have to uninstall it from your computer using the unistall program and then open the registry editor and seach for the term firefox or mozilla and then delete it.. then go to the program files folder and search for the mozilla firefox folder and delete it.. shutdown you PC and reinstall a fresh copy of Mozilla firefox.. sorry dude. you will lose all your saved profiles :d
wuggizle
Re-install. Then make sure you always update whenever it asks you.
ignition
Use Opera? Laughing
billybob
just try installing a fresh copy of FF
venkateshwarans
I tried upgrading my firefox version to 1.0.7. It's a hefty 45minute download. Even after this the problem exists.
I found a peculiar thing. Every time I try to visit a website - www.userplane.com the firefox hangs up and crashes. I have entered it into the feedback.
The new version actually hangs more than what the earlier version did? What should I do now?
Sad Sad
babumuchhala
SHIFT to OPERA http://www.opera.com

Its the safest & the most secure.

Or maybe move to Firefox Beta 2.

Opera a lot more recommended
James007
1. Do NOT use to many extensions.
2. Do NOT forget this program for backing up a profile Smile

James Smile
why6487
1. While there's a lot of extensions for Firefox, DON'T use too much. Disable some and then uninstall that you DON'T NEED!
2. You can back up your profile by going to:
C:/Documents and Settings/yourusername/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles

or

C:/Windows/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles

and copy the folder's content.
bulek
It would be the best if you would check out Mozilla's support forums. I'm pretty sure that they have many solutions for crashes.

Do you have the latest updates for Windows? Is Firefox the only program which crashes on your computer? Have you checked your computer for viruses, trojan horses and worms?