FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Better Tutorials

Asap170
I would like to see better tutorials for languages. We need like a big sub-forum on it. I could actually help to get a good tutorial section up for a Spanish tutorial...

What are your comments? Good idea? Bad idea?
rvec
you want to write a tutorial about an entire language?
You could post it in the Languages forum
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-79.html

Maybe some mod/admin could learn Spanish so we don't need to get a new mod for the Spanish forums Smile
deanhills
rvec wrote:

Maybe some mod/admin could learn Spanish so we don't need to get a new mod for the Spanish forums Smile
I checked the forum and it would seem that the focus is primarily on translation rather than the study/tutorials of languages. Maybe asap170 has a point, perhaps the translation part can be separated so that we could have two sub-forums in a main language forum, one for translations and the other for learning of languages?
Asap170
Yep I'll start putting together a tutorial!
rvec
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:

I checked the forum and it would seem that the focus is primarily on translation rather than the study/tutorials of languages. Maybe asap170 has a point, perhaps the translation part can be separated so that we could have two sub-forums in a main language forum, one for translations and the other for learning of languages?
Have you seen how many posts are made in that forum? You sure you want to split that between two forums? At most the description should be changed.
Asap170
What do you mean by posts? It doesn't matter you can easily merge all of them to one sub forum.... The last time that I checked. But I not sure.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:

Have you seen how many posts are made in that forum? You sure you want to split that between two forums? At most the description should be changed.
Could it be that people aren't posting as it looks like a translation forum rather than a language forum? I would be inclined to get translations from the Internet rather than from the forum. I may be wrong of course as well, but there can't be any harm in adding a separate forum that stands unique on its own with language tutorials.
Asap170
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:

Could it be that people aren't posting as it looks like a translation forum rather than a language forum? I would be inclined to get translations from the Internet rather than from the forum. I may be wrong of course as well, but there can't be any harm in adding a separate forum that stands unique on its own with language tutorials.

You have a point there, but what if some people want to understand something but are to lazy to go online and Bing It (I am a Microsoft fan ha). We need some higher status members or like more people's opinion. No offense to lower member users.