FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Cartoon growing up as a kid?

gandalfthegrey
Hey everyone!

What was your favorite cartoon growing up as a kid?

Flintstones? Jetsons? Rocky and Bullwinkle? Huckleberry Hound? Yogi Bear? Astroboy? Rocket Robin Hood? Spiderman? Warner Brothers cartoons? Mighty Mouse? Tom and Jerry?

Fat Albert? Hong Kong Phooey? Superfriends? Star Trek Animated Series?

Alvin and the Chipmunks? Babar? Care Bears? Raccoons? Teddy Ruxpin? Denver the last dinosaur? Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers? Gummi Bears? Beattlejuice? Dennis the menace? Garfield? Ducktales? Heathcliffe? He-Man? Inspector Gadget? Muppet Babies? Winnie the Poo? Mask? Smurfs? Ghostbusters? Robotech? Silverhawks? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Thundercats? Voltron?

Dragon Ball Z? Sailor Moon? Tale Spin? Rugrats? Tintin? Darkwing Duck? Tiny Toons? Goof troop?
speeDemon
well tom and jerry i guess... other than that pokemon was addictive...
silverdown
Oh definitely Bobby's World, used to watch it every morning before going to school.
menino
Tom and jerry, I find funny to this day, no matter how many times I've seen the same episode.

I loved Thundercats; that cartoon rocked.
Also as a kid, I loved this cartoon called Grendizer, which was a japanese, but dubbed in Arabic, where I was staying.
desonium
Pokemon Very Happy I watched that a lot when I was a little kid.
Further some other cartoons like dragonball Z( I also watched that much) But it doesn't even come close to Pokemon Very Happy
guggs
Top Cat anyone ? That was brilliant, and Tom & Jerry ran it a close second.
sum12nv
go the simpsons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=) the simpsons rule all cartoons and i reckon everyone can relate to a character or more in the simpsons.
Enterprise
Dexter's Laboratory was by far my favorite. I remember watching reruns of it before school every day. But I was also fond of things like Ed Edd and Eddie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fairly Odd Parents, Hey Arnold, Doug, and The Wild Thornberrys. Mostly anything on Nick and some things on Cartoon Network. I missed out on all the disney stuff because for whatever reason we didn't get that channel until I was 15, and had already outgrown it.
todabeat
too many

but the simpsons, thundercats, flintstones. from the newer ones
i also love dexter
malcolmpreen
Tom and Jerry is good... provided its not one of the rare ones where Tom gets the upper hand.... (wonders if T&J is where my dislike of cats comes from !!)

But.... all time best cartoon series is DANGERMOUSE... the White Wonder and faithful sidekick Penfold are still entertaining all these years later... even the villains are good.... Baron Greenback, Stilletto and who can forget Nero (how can a cute caterpiller be evil !!!)

I remember and enjoyed many cartoons when I was young... Top Cat, Hong Kong Fooey and Scooby Doo (before Scrappy....) were among the favourites.... but none of them touches Dangermouse.

Malcolm
joostvane
Pokémon was awesome. Later on Yugi-Oh, but that hype was soon over.
mattyj
Captain Planet was one of my favs as a kid

Also liked Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, Inspector Gadget, Astro Boy etc
tingkagol
gandalfthegrey wrote:
Flintstones? Jetsons? Huckleberry Hound? Yogi Bear?

These "classic" Hanna Barbera cartoons are the worst toons ever.

My favorite toons as a kid were:
Dragon Ball Z
Tom & Jerry
Looney Tunes
Tiny Toons
Swat Kats <---
The New Adventures of Johnny Quest
X-Men
Ghostbusters
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
dude_xyx
There were a bunch of cartoons I used to love

01. He-Man
02. She-Ra
03. Thundercats
04. Voltron
05. G I Jeo
06. Gummi Bears
07. Smurfs
jabce85
rocko's modern world.....
crimson_aria
I can't remember much when I was a kid. I think the few cartoons I watched when I was a kid were The Addams Family, Flintstones and Sailormoon. One of my all-time favorite cartoons is Rugrats, though I happen to watch that when I was older.
DeltaM
Tale spin was my favorite I loved that show as a kid and I think it's way better then the crap that's today like Phinneas and ferb or whatever it's name that my little cousin watches. It feels like they wanna save money on making that kind of series that's way more easy to draw and animate. That phinneas and ferb show the head is just a triangle for example ...
cherry-pie
Sailor Moon is my favorite ever Very Happy
angfrayle
When I was growing up I watched Captain America on Monday, Submariner on Tuesday, Thor on Wednesday, the Hulk on Thursday and Iron Man on Friday. Then Martial Law (1971) came and the series was taken off the air.
adri
I would say first Tom and Jerry, then Pokemon and Dragonball Z and after that Yugioh (I don't really know how to write it Embarassed ).

Adri Smile
mgeek
I loved Popeye
Baka_Desu
The cartoon that dominated my childhood was The Simpsons, so yeah that was my favourite cartoon.
mgeek
DeltaM wrote:
Tale spin was my favorite ...

Tale spin is Disney right? And I agree that some cartoons now are really not that good looking.
todabeat
cherry-pie wrote:
Sailor Moon is my favorite ever Very Happy

you serious...out of all the cartoons in the world.

jajaj sorry, just thought it was funny
Radar
Okay, from when I was truly a kid, a slightly more obscure cartoon - Rupert?

I'm not sure how many people remember the show, but it was great. One of those shows were the characters ended up having just about every adventure possible, despite having no special powers or extravagant premise.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
When I was growing up I watched Captain America on Monday, Submariner on Tuesday, Thor on Wednesday, the Hulk on Thursday and Iron Man on Friday. Then Martial Law (1971) came and the series was taken off the air.

Wow. How old are you?
d4r3d3vil
When i was a Child, I loved to watch

Captain Planet
The Mask
Tom & Jerry
Swat Cats
Looney Tunes
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Are my Fav Toons from Childhood.
cybersa
I like to watch:

Dragon Ball z
Ben 10
Teenage Mount Ninja Turtle
Tom and Jerry
Justice League
Batman
Nameless
When I was a kid, I used to think Dragon Ball Z was the most epic and amazing thing ever ... which it's really not in retrospect, but I guess most of the other cartoons I watched were either comedy or aesop-driven. The Simpsons was a favourite too, this being back when the show was still good. I loved Rugrats for a while (and still think it's good).

Not that many cartoons really stand out, though. As a child I'd watch pretty much whatever was on that I was allowed to, so it wasn't often that I cared THAT much for one over another.
Flakky
Oh I have so many memories of me watching the tele. I reallly loved Dragon Ball Z, Pokémon, Courage the cowardly dog and some dutch tv shows as well.

I recently rediscovered Shin Chan. I saw the American version which is much more mature than the Dutch version. It made me laugh so hard!
GoldenEagle
My favorite cartoon was definitely Rugrats. I still remember that the show came on at 6:00 and I remember thinking, "That's when all of the good shows come on!". Apparently even as a little kid I was beginning to understand the concept of primetime television. Of course 6 is prime time for kids shows.

The latest commerical (Geico?) with Foghorn Leghorn is really making me want to watch some Warner Brothers cartoons again!
deanhills
I liked Batman very much. I've always wanted the ability to fly, so was quite in awe of all his capabilities. I also liked his outfit ... Very Happy
Nameless
deanhills wrote:
I liked Batman very much. I've always wanted the ability to fly, so was quite in awe of all his capabilities.

... Batman can fly now?
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I liked Batman very much. I've always wanted the ability to fly, so was quite in awe of all his capabilities.

... Batman can fly now?
OK, sorry I thought he could. I'm wrong of course. Embarassed
ms_j
Idk, there were a lot, but Tom & Jerry is one of the classics that newer get old. Even now I like to watch it with my kid. Laughing
Bluedoll
They are still around and from I can see haven't aged a day!

Archie Andrews
Betty Cooper
Veronica Lodge
Jughead Jones
Reggie Mantle
Moose Mason
Midge Klump
Dilton Doiley
Ethel Muggs
Chuck Clayton
Nancy Woods
celebi269
Mine was Tom and Jerry and Spongebob Squarepants.
Asap170
I love Scooby-Doo! I still like to watch it now even though I am probably to old for it, but it's a great show.
Nameless
Asap170 wrote:
I love Scooby-Doo! I still like to watch it now even though I am probably to old for it, but it's a great show.

There is no such thing as being too old to enjoy children's media. Very Happy
Kaitaye
Rumcajs
Muminki
Gumisie
They give me a lot of fun Laughing
Gitesh
Its Tom and jerry all the way, I still remember myself trying so hard to see the face of women who is owner of tom and jerrys house, was never able to see her face, i think they never showed the face of the owner women. Sad
GoldenEagle
Does anyone know if there are any Warner Bros. cartoons on Netflix? I'd like to get in on that action if there is, but they killed the navigation for the PS3 netflix, so I'm a little bummed.
mgeek
Kaitaye wrote:
Rumcajs
Muminki
Gumisie
They give me a lot of fun Laughing

You know, when I was a kid there was this Japanese cartoon involving a giant robot who was controlled by a kid with a remote control. The robot's name was Gigantor. Right now, I just saw a website dedicated to him.
Asap170
Nameless wrote:
Asap170 wrote:

There is no such thing as being too old to enjoy children's media. Very Happy

Good to hear!
mgeek
Asap170 wrote:

Is this the Scooby-doo of the 70s? I didn't like the later Scooby-Doo, you know, the movie?
Asap170
mgeek wrote:
Asap170 wrote:

Is this the Scooby-doo of the 70s? I didn't like the later Scooby-Doo, you know, the movie?

The non-cartoon movies weren't the greatest but yea the old Scooby-Doo was the best I've watched the other ones too.
SC__Programmer
i would have to say,SpongeBob Laughing

not really until i got older but still,SpongeBob Very Happy
Tesa323
Teenage mutan ninja turtles , teenage muten ninja turtles ....lol
mgeek
Asap170 wrote:

The non-cartoon movies weren't the greatest but yea the old Scooby-Doo was the best I've watched the other ones too.

There was another Hannah Barbera cartoon that involved a dog and some young kids. And they were hunting ghosts. I don't quite remember the name of the cartoon.
gverutes
Thunder Cats and then Heathcliff
pirate
my favourite program was pokemon, it was just far superior to other cartoons
welshsteve
I loved The Pink Panther Show, with the Aardvark etc.

Also loved Thundercats, Battle Of The Planets, He-Man and the Ghostbusters cartoon. TMNT was another.
mgeek
welshsteve wrote:

Also loved Thundercats, ...

Ah yes, the Thundercats! I wish they'd make a 3D movie out of it.
dude_xyx
Also I used to love this Cartoon series called Robotech. It was a dubbed Manga series about space battle between aliens and earth forces. Recently I found all 3 series of Robotech while search for good movies in a DVD shop.
mgeek
Do you remember this cartoon? I didn't know it was Sinbad Jr. When it was shown, it was just Sinbad the Sailor. I liked it everytime he pulled his belt.

paratrixa
Thundercats, the BEST cartoon ever. I am fanatic. I even bought shoes with Thundercats on them. I love them!!!
standready
Oh so many great cartoons. Bugs Bunny, Road Runner and the list goes on and on.
pravojednostavno
Tom and Jerry, Smurfs and Flintstones
dude_xyx
My favorite childhood cartoon was Adventures of the Gummi Bears form Disney cartoon. It's something I wouldn't miss watching for any reason. It's a beautiful cartoon with all magical things kids love. I wonder anyone here remember this one cartoon ?