FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone know anything about Astral Projection?

Dementia-is-Smudge
Okay, so I am trying to find out if this is all BS or not, and I think I have gotten close to projection, but somehow can't! Any ideas? Has anyone here projected before? Might I know of your experience? I'm trying to gather lots of info, you see, so...yup!
-Dementia
apple
I have had no personal experience of this sorts, so I can't help. I'd like to hear of yours tho and of course those who respond to the topic
saratdear
I've actually been interested in this stuff for quite some time...doing a lot of reading on the internet and such. And a more neutral name suggested for this phenomenon is an "Out of body experience".

I haven't achieved it or anything, although I try it when I get bored. The idea is to lie down, empty your mind of all ideas, emotions, fears, whatever. Relax. Concentrate on a single point, so that your attention is not diverted. After sometime, let go of that also, so that you are in a very, very relaxed state.

All that I've said above is just what I got from the internet, so I don't know if its a load of BS or not.
Stolich
I think morphine and LSD can cause out-of-body experience,s but not sure if want to try that... :p For more info also see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience .
tchaunt
For the past few nights, I've been having what seems to be an OBE before I drift to sleep. The feelings occur when I stop thinking about things, start falling asleep, and then realize that I am still awake. It almost feels as though I'm being pulled out of my own body, and I see things from a new perspective. Is it an OBE? I know it wasn't a full OBE, if an OBE at all. At the most, they are just the start of OBEs. More than likely, though, it's just a natural feeling you get when you jump from near-sleep to being awake in a matter of a second.

I may have to look into intentionally having OBEs. They seem as though they'd be a great experience.
saratdear
tchaunt wrote:
For the past few nights, I've been having what seems to be an OBE before I drift to sleep. The feelings occur when I stop thinking about things, start falling asleep, and then realize that I am still awake. It almost feels as though I'm being pulled out of my own body, and I see things from a new perspective. Is it an OBE? I know it wasn't a full OBE, if an OBE at all. At the most, they are just the start of OBEs. More than likely, though, it's just a natural feeling you get when you jump from near-sleep to being awake in a matter of a second.

I may have to look into intentionally having OBEs. They seem as though they'd be a great experience.

Your condition may be what is known as "Mind Awake, Body asleep". That is given in the wikipedia article as one of the ways to achieve an OBE.
Arty
It's impossible to tell from other people's experiences whether or not astral projection is BS or not BS. Something like this just can't be objectively proven. You'll have to try it yourself if you want to find out.
ocalhoun
Arty wrote:
Something like this just can't be objectively proven.

It can if they get information that they shouldn't be able to have otherwise...
Such as a comatose hospital patient being able to describe the doctors working on him when he wakes up... There are stories like that. Either those stories are complete fabrications, or they are proof.
goutha
Never heard about it. I Googled it and it seems interesting.

Here is a link from wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection
tony
goutha wrote:
Never heard about it. I Googled it and it seems interesting.

Here is a link from wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

Whoa; I think if I had a choice I would choose "etheric projection" over "astral projection." check it out (below)! (actually, according to the article I do have the choice Razz, but I must believe the article...)

In contrast to astral projection, etheric projection is described as the ability to move about in the material world in an etheric body which is usually, though not always, invisible to people who are presently "in their bodies." Robert Monroe describes this type of projection as a projection to "Locale I" or the "Here-Now", and describes it as containing people and places that he feels actually exist in the material world.[28] Robert Bruce refers to a similar area as the "Real Time Zone" (RTZ) and describes it as the nonphysical, dimension-level closest to the physical.[29]
menino
I hears about this long time ago, from a friend of mine, who tried it.
He said your eyes blink like really really really fast, and then you find out that your out of your body.

He said he wanted to do it, so that he could see his gf naked. What a pervert ! Laughing
ocalhoun
menino wrote:

He said your eyes blink like really really really fast, and then you find out that your out of your body.

^.^ No, that's just epilepsy!
standready
I think people just dream that they are having an "out of body" experience. It is amazing what tricks your subconscious can play.
crimson_aria
the only thing I know about Astral Projection are those I see on ovies and series. I never thought of trying it out myself, I'm scared I won't be able to get back on my body. XD
paskifire
Interesting! I want to try it myself but I don't know how.
peaceupnorth
The astral plane is one of the subtler levels of experience traversed in spiritual practise. It is a real phenomenon. Actually it isn't super-common, but some people experience the astral plane accidentally. They may not know what is going on, but they are there. Disciplined meditators with a competent guide know it well.

It is not an easy thing for most people to achieve, because it requires a lot of focus and also purity of mind... in short supply these days.

It is also pretty dangerous, because accessing the astral or higher planes without protection can expose one to forces/entities and experiences which can entrap/harm or seriously disturb you.

Protection is found by association with a spiritual Master who has mastered the inner planes. Otherwise astral projection isn't at all recommendable. It is like teaching yourself skydiving.