FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rewrited URLs, are relevant or not?

Rafaweb
Well, the rewrite of the urls is something that consumes high resources in the server, specially in some web apps like vBulletin and vB SEO. So, are really relevant the SEO URL Scheme? or the difference is not signifficant?

Thanks!
riccopt
the 1st place google looks for the keywords is in the URL...
so take your own conclusions...

give it a try without the URL rewrite and with the URL rewrite and check out for traffic differences...
distantship
i still think that it's all about the anchor texts and the amount of backlinks! of course the title tag and url with keywords could make the difference, but not overtime...if you know what i mean. Your competitors would still come first even though they don't have keywords in their urls. cos' it's all about long term seo strategy and urls is just trivial to me. if it needs a lot of manpower or capital to do the mod rewrite or things like that. I wouldn't do it. but maybe it's just me...
inphurno
i agree with distantship, at the top of the google page rank system is quality back links. what does that mean? well a back link from a site with related content that also has a good amount of backlinks of its own would be the main factor in how your page is ranked. i hard to say for sure but many people talk about the 80-20 rule for your page rank in google. 20% of your ranking comes from all the things you can do from your side including cleaning up your url to fill it with pretty keywords. if you do most of the other recommended best practices don't worry about your url cause it can only count for a small fraction of your page rank.

just focusing on backlinks and backlink quality will take care of most of your page rank problem Smile
Rafaweb
Thanks for the replies guys.
the-guide
inphurno wrote:

...just focusing on backlinks and backlink quality will take care of most of your page rank problem Smile

Exactly, however keyword in the URL is one factor that can helps improve your SE ranking as well even though it's not much important as quality back-links.
inphurno
the-guide wrote:
Exactly, however keyword in the URL is one factor that can helps improve your SE ranking as well even though it's not much important as quality back-links.

yeah for sure the-guide i try do to my best on all those little things but i think its good to explain to people who are new to SEO to explain things with the big picture in mind Smile
the-guide
inphurno wrote:

yeah for sure the-guide i try do to my best on all those little things but i think its good to explain to people who are new to SEO to explain things with the big picture in mind Smile

Alright, I see - that's very well. Smile