FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Subdomain management problem.

ocalhoun
(for the domain onet.frih.net)

I'm trying to (re)create the subdomain frih.onet.frih.net, because that's what I use for linking images to the forum. (At some point, the subdomain simply disappeared.)

However, in cpanel's subdomain management section, I can't add any new subdomains. No matter what name I type in for it, when I click 'create', the progress bar on my browser says "looking up none", and a browser's error page will soon show up, saying "cannot find server at none". Seems to be a problem.
Bondings
ocalhoun wrote:
(for the domain onet.frih.net)

I'm trying to (re)create the subdomain frih.onet.frih.net, because that's what I use for linking images to the forum. (At some point, the subdomain simply disappeared.)

However, in cpanel's subdomain management section, I can't add any new subdomains. No matter what name I type in for it, when I click 'create', the progress bar on my browser says "looking up none", and a browser's error page will soon show up, saying "cannot find server at none". Seems to be a problem.

I checked your account and there seems to be a http://frih.onet.frih.net/ subdomain there and it seems to work for me (I get a placeholder page).

Could it maybe be that you are using something like cp.frih.net (anything with cp) to access DirectAdmin? Because some links aren't working there and redirect to localhost or similar in the url (simply change the localhost back to what it was to solve this). Otherwise try to access it from http://www.frih.net:2222/ if that port isn't blocked for you. (the cp is just in case port 2222 is blocked by a firewall/isp)
ocalhoun
Odd, the subdomain does exist now, and it works...
I may have missed it in the list earlier, but it definitely did not work.

Yes, I was using cp.____...
I used the link you provided instead, but still got the same error when trying to create a new subdomain or modify an existing one.

It's not a big problem now, since the problem I was trying to fix mysteriously solved itself, but I still can't make new subdomains... I assume some others can't either. Luckily, I probably won't need to make any new ones any time soon though.

*edit*

The test domains I was trying (and apparently failing) to create earlier did get created. That's probably why the frih.onet.frih.net subdomain exists now. When I attempted to recreate it, I actually did, but I didn't think it worked because of the error. So, despite the error produced, the changes do go through, which makes it an even less important problem.