FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with Drupal and Fantastico

modak
I'm trying to set up Drupal for a domain that a friend of mine registered (ilug-cal.info). The first try resulted in a borked installation of Drupal, which Fantastico couldn't remove, and I had to remove it manually (using cPanel Filemanager) Now I try to install Drupal again, but Fantastico claims that there can be only one script in the root of the folder. I'm stumped as to how to remove whatever script is there, since my public_html is almost empty.. I tried and installed it in a subfolder, so now the main website is supposed to be available at ilug-cal.info/drupal instead of ilug-cal.info.

Can anyone please guide me how parked domains are laid out, and how to remove any traces of other scripts on the root of ilug-cal.info (as separate from modak.frihost.net) ?

Thanks
Soumyadip

PS: SSH access would have been a nice addition to Frihost.
Reiji
Well, if fantastico didn´t removed it, then the database should still be there...try removing the dbase by yourself (in the MySQL Databses section) and then try to reinstall the Drupal on your main folder.
Sunny
2 Solutions for that

Soultion 1) a) Go to Parked Domains in CPANEL , remove your domain ilug-cal.info from there

b) Click addon domains and add your domain again, and where it says directory give drupal, Now install your script in that drupal folder, That way ilug-cal.info will load from drupal folder and not public_html folder. This is the better way of doing it as compared to 'parked domains' way and therefore I'll recommend it. One more advantage you will have is you can use both ilug-cal.info and modak.frihost.net for different stuff. or in simpler words your sub-domain modak.frihost.net will not be occupied and you can use it for different site, if you wish

Solution 2 : a) Locate the folder .fantasticodata , you will find a file or may be a complete folder for Drupal. Delete that.
b)Delete the mysql database which was created when u installed Drupal, and try to install the script again. But i'll not recommend installing a script in your public_html folder as its always a hassle when you want to delete it.
modak
Well thanks for your replies. Well I did remove the MySQL database (and corresponding user), and also deleted the Drupal folder inder fantasticodata, and also indicated to fantastico that I've removed the installation of Drupal, yet when I try to do it again (install Drupal) I receive errors.

Anyways, Sunny thanks a lot for the tip, I'll be following your advice.

PS: Sunny: Nice sig, how did you doit ?
Bondings
modak wrote:

Most likely with imagemagick/gd, I guess. Just use the php variables and let the program write it on that picture.

But I suppose Sunny will be able to explain it even better, how he did it. Wink
modak
Ok, I followed Sunny's advice and set up Drupal. It's working. Now all I need to do is to get the domain registrar to point to the Frihost nameservers. Hopefully there won't be any more problems.

Meanwhile, I'd request people to visit the basic site that is currently available at http://ilug-cal.modak.frihost.net and give me their feedback on the site, especially with regard to the security settings, keeping in mind that this is going to be a site for a Linux Users' Group.
Sunny
Quote:
Ok, I followed Sunny's advice and set up Drupal. It's working

Great!
Quote:

Thanks buddy. because I got many spy cams all over the world which pass the information back to me Smile. Just doesn't catches Aliens ...dang lucky Bondings!

lmao kidding...yea what Bondings said, using PHP Variables.
Quote:
Meanwhile, I'd request people to visit the basic site that is currently available at http://ilug-cal.modak.frihost.net and give me their feedback on the site, especially with regard to the security settings, keeping in mind that this is going to be a site for a Linux Users' Group.

Might be good idea to ask that in "Advertise your site "forum
modak
Again Sunny thanks for the tip Smile