FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thundercats

menino
Anyone here remember the old anime cartoon called Thundercats?
I believe they are making a movie of it also, probably by next year.

That was an amazing cartoon back in the day, and I saw a few episodes of it recently, and its still good, although the animation then was spectacular.
silverdown
THat might be cool id watch it and but it on DVD when it comes out Smile THanks for sharing
dude_xyx
When i was a small it used to be one of my favorite cartoons. I haven't watch it for more than 15 years. I wouldn't mind watching it again.
driftingfe3s
I loved watching Thundercats when I was young and I'm pretty sure that the whole series is already out in DVD. I never knew how it ended, so I think I'd want to get a hold of those DVDs and watch the entire series as well.
welshsteve
I loved this cartoon when growing up. Along with He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe, Battle Of The Planets, TMNT, Ghostbusters and Danger Mouse Very Happy
Rajiev
I loved thunder-cats as a kid.
But it didn't air from beginning to end in my country. I hate that those stupid TV companies do that.

But If they are making a film, I'm sure it will be a success. I will definitely watch it Smile
angfrayle
menino wrote:

That's good news. I would expect that after the success of "Avatar". The technology is quite right for Thundercats. I loved it the first time it came out on TV.
Rajiev
angfrayle wrote:
menino wrote:

That's good news. I would expect that after the success of "Avatar". The technology is quite right for Thundercats. I loved it the first time it came out on TV.

Hmm.... Nice thought... Thundercats can come as a movie. But I dont think Thundercats needs much technology as Avatar did. Cos Thundercats (most of them) have a more human like figure which could be implemented by heavy makeups too Smile Hopefully, someone from ther film industry see our little discussion and start the project Smile
menino
Actually yes, Thundercats could come out as a better animated series, or a movie with real actors, like they did for X-men, but I think the characters popularity wouldn't pick up as much as X-men or spiderman, or even hulk for that matter, mainly because it was popular at the time, and I don't think kids now would enjoy it as much, if they saw it now, compared with new animated serials coming out.

I think Thundercats would just be reminiscent for us, to remind us of our childhood.
angfrayle
Quote:
Hmm.... Nice thought... Thundercats can come as a movie. But I dont think Thundercats needs much technology as Avatar did. Cos Thundercats (most of them) have a more human like figure which could be implemented by heavy makeups too Smile Hopefully, someone from ther film industry see our little discussion and start the project Smile

The technology of avatar takes away the need for heavy makeups.