FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Age of Empires III

Dark_Jedi06
On October 18th I believe, Age of Empires III hits stores in the US. Finally one of the greatest RTS's of all time is being revamped into something even better.

Anyone else hyped for this game? Anyone play the downloadable demo? Impressions?

In my opinion, it rocks my socks. Razz In fact, that's reason I'm here, to start an AoE III site to be up in time for the realese. Wink

Now discuss. Very Happy
windval
really?
i think it will be more realistic than 2 and 3
snowboardalliance
From the demo, do you think it will be better than AoE 2? and what is better about it besides the graphics? I;ll probably get it eventualy.
ghome
really?
i think it will be more realistic than 2 and 3
Xploder
I think that Age of Empires 3 will be better than anyone before for sure even if they made some changes I think that change can only help a game not hurt it.
rohitchopra
where can i get a beta or a demo to aoe 3?
Dark_Jedi06
rohitchopra wrote:
where can i get a beta or a demo to aoe 3?
http://www.ageofempires3.com/

Right there. Very Happy
Dark_Jedi06
snowboardalliance wrote:
From the demo, do you think it will be better than AoE 2? and what is better about it besides the graphics? I;ll probably get it eventualy.
Far better then AoE II, the gameplay is greatly improved. I'm not very good at explaining things. Razz

Just read about it at the official site.

snowboardalliance
Dark_Jedi06 wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:
Far better then AoE II, the gameplay is greatly improved. I'm not very good at explaining things. Razz

Just read about it at the official site.

I'll just try it. I want to make sure it still has what I liked about AoE2 only improved, I'm sure it does.
Jamesoow
i played the demo, and its GREAT!!
but not mutch changed, just the graphix...
ddd2pt
The game is very good. I have to have it.
skynet
i love this game!!! i played with my frineds and all the time i won them Smile

omg what a nostalgy it is Smile
Defsanguje
snowboardalliance
Just tried the Demo. it's a lot different so I can't really say how much I'll like it untill I get used to it. The resources are way different, with no place needed to drop them. And the exp. points and home city adds more confusion. The trading posts and native americans are another addition I'll have to get used to. I'm really likeing these improvements, as long as I can get used to it.
Dark_Jedi06
snowboardalliance wrote:
Just tried the Demo. it's a lot different so I can't really say how much I'll like it untill I get used to it. The resources are way different, with no place needed to drop them. And the exp. points and home city adds more confusion. The trading posts and native americans are another addition I'll have to get used to. I'm really likeing these improvements, as long as I can get used to it.
Yeah, they made it a tad more complicated, but I've played the demo so much I'll be ready for all the changes once I have it. Laughing
Bashur
This is one of my favorite RTS's of all time, and I have been waiting years for this to come out. I'm completely stoked about this, and I can't wait!
Domanic
AOE:III Looks great, it will work like a charm with realistic physics and water effects provided by the Havok game engine (Which powers games like Half Life 2 and the Punnisher)

I am looking forward to buying it.
Tior
Yes,I think it will be a one of the best strategy ever.I played demo and it looks very cool Smile
anime
ididnt like verision 1
but i had like verision 2

and iam waiting for the third Smile
Tior
AOM 1 was very good,from all AOM series I dont like AoM.
Ivooo
There is a new Age of empires 3: AoE3 Asian dynasties, Ensemble studios made it together with big huge studios, i'm curious if this expension will be just as good as the rest.

Ivooo
jtayl153
The style of play is the same

races are cool

Grafix r awsome
mattyj
man i love the Age of Empires games...Played them all since #1
Ivooo
I have bought the new Age of Empires: the asian dynasties, it looks very well, and it is very nice to have the new civilizations, but I think the story is not so exciting as the ones before.

Ivooo
Johntheviper
Well, not a bad game, but i had more fun with age of empires 2. Sorry Microsoft, but only a nice graphic doesn't mean it's a good game!!!!!!!! Time to go back to the roots!
Sinburn
i know age of empires 1 and 2 and i like ange of mytholegies but i hate age of empires 3
i hope he make age of empires 4 better then 3.... Smile
vonboy
i'm gonna download the demo, and then tell you all what i thought about it in few hours maybe. it says it'll take me 2 hours to download it.
mattchun
really? it's a long-life game then.
joncom
play it for 3 weeks !
bloodtiger10
dude, playing age of empires for 3 weeks is just too much, age of empires 4 is alot better becuase you half to play alot to acully get good at it. The best part about it is that they added moster trucks and better levels with better networking capiblities. I mean 3 is just too easy to get good at, I've played it for 4 2 years and I'm in the top 100 best players online!!! It's one of the easiest games to play but i mean if your not good at games like that it is kinda fun. So I mean go ahead and play it but why don't you get 4 and play it instead becuase they have better people and better cheats and better just everything!!!!