FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Share This

truespeed
Has this been suggested before? adding a share this to viewtopic? With the increasing popularity of sites like facebook and twitter,i think it would be a good idea.
Ghost Rider103
That's a really good idea. I'd use it.
ocalhoun
It might also make a significant improvement to site traffic...
truespeed
I have added it to my forum.

truespeed
No reply from any mods? A simple bit of code in viewtopic could bring added traffic to the site,i am not sure how many twitter/facebook/myspace users on here there are,but i think most people are members of at least one of them,add to that the potential for guest traffic to share.
Bondings
I might add it, yes. Although a direct link is maybe better?
mOrpheuS
Bondings wrote:

My thoughts exactly, "Share This" sounds like nothing more than the middle man.

The only advantage I can think of is that you won't have to keep updating your code in case one of those sites change their API/URL (which is very very unlikely)
LostOverThere
Oh yeah, definitely a great idea. Except, if done, please make it appear in a new window, and not a horrible iframe. Wink
truespeed
Bondings wrote:

If you can make your own that would be good too.
ocalhoun
truespeed wrote:
Bondings wrote:

If you can make your own that would be good too.

Definitely; a direct link, if possible, would be much better for SEO.
deanhills
I'm not sure whether I really know what this is about, what exactly will we be sharing? Question What would the benefits be from "Share it"?

As far as I understand I thought we were already "sharing" on Frihost Forums. So if we need to make it more functional and specific sharing, Frihost could create its own direct "Share it" link as suggested by Morpheus so that we won't be the middle man?

Alternatively, from a marketing point of view, the "Share it" could bring more traffic to Frihost and generate more income for Frihost perhaps, and perhaps also additional points of view from guests? Or am I on the wrong track here? Embarassed
truespeed
deanhills wrote:

Alternatively, from a marketing point of view, the "Share it" could bring more traffic to Frihost and generate more income for Frihost perhaps, and perhaps also additional points of view from guests? Or am I on the wrong track here? Embarassed

Thats the whole point,it will drive traffic to the site,from people who click the share link,which will then post the thread link automatically to their twitter/facebook/myspace. (not just those 3,but also the likes of digg and stumbleupon).

It may also get the forum more members.
Sunny
Good idea

Not exactly what we are looking for but this could be a start.
mathiaus
Bondings wrote:

I think having both would provide the most benefit whilst remaining easy to use. Dancing
truespeed
Bondings wrote:
Although a direct link is maybe better?

Just realized what you meant by direct link,the problem with that is,if i wanted to share the link,i would have to copy paste the link,then the thread title,whereas with share this,you just click the chosen social network,and its all done and posted.