FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Download SWF files and its resource files from web

dickyzin
Anyone know of a free SWF File downloading tool / program that also downloads the resource files as well? I know you can download swf files using Firefox but it only downloads the main swf file and not the related or resource files. There is something similar that I've seen called SWF Vampire but it is not free. I am looking for a freeware so if you know, please share.
harismushtaq
I think source file is not generally uploaded and only swf file is present on the web. I use opera 9.6 and all swf files are present in the cache directory. It is a bit tedious to find the exact one as there are no extensions but with some guess about size and emptying cache before loading the web page helps find the required resource easily.
Diablosblizz
I believe that he is talking about sound files / images / actionscript / ect. It's not possible, and if it was it would be illegal and against copyright terms.
welshsteve
SoThink has a Firefox plugin now. Aptly named SoThink Web Video Downloader. It works with most sites.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6541
aningbo
you can view the source and then using the find/search function, look for .swf extension in the source if you want the .swf file.

if you want to get the source of this .swf file, give up. you won't be getting the .fla file. nobody uploads it since its not required.

u will either have to design one yourself or ask the developers for the source... which is very unlikely.