FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihoster of the year 2009

truespeed
We ran this last year with little success - See Here.

So for 2009 the rules are pretty much the same,so get nominating.

Frihoster of the year

Choose up to 3 posters (but no more than 3) who you think have contributed most to the forums over the past year,giving reasons,so not just a random name list to gain points.

Frihost Moderator of the year

Choose 2 moderators who you think have contributed most to the forums over the past year,again giving reasons. IE: don't just choose someone just because they activated your account.
Ghost Rider103
Did we ever have the final ranks on last years frihoster? I don't remember reading about who was the winner.

I'll vote after I think about it some more.
truespeed
I did post the results in the linked thread,link to the actual post is HERE.
deanhills
Frihoster of the year

Ocalhoun: consistently making high standard postings over a very wide variety of forums with some great insights everywhere.

Indi: delivered consistently high standard postings in the religious forum.

jmi256: for some excellent and thought provoking debating in the Politics Forum.

Frihost Moderator of the year

rvec: being consistently there, cleaning up and locking threads that need to be locked up, as well as supporting Frihosters to the extent that goes beyond, such as in the Frihost Rank polls this year.

OrpheuS: is an administrator, hope that the Frihost Moderator of the year can include the hard-working administrators as well. OrpheuS has consistently delivered super support and Website Account services to everyone and he has also made a great contribution in postings in the IT forums.
truespeed
^^^ Yeah admin counts,as does account creators etc.

Isn't the name Morpheus? (re: your mod nom)

Also it shows how much i go into the politics forums as i don't recall the name jmi256.
airh3ad
Cheers guys keep up the good work!
Vrythramax
truespeed wrote:
... don't just choose someone just because they activated your account.

awwww Crying or Very sad
goutha
Vrythramax wrote:
truespeed wrote:
... don't just choose someone just because they activated your account.

awwww Crying or Very sad

That's funny Smile

I'm not really ok with that statment. People that activated some accounts are also good contributors to frihost community by posting, moderating, etc...
deanhills
truespeed wrote:

Also it shows how much i go into the politics forums as i don't recall the name jmi256.
Embarassed apologies, you're right, OrpheuS, apologies too to OrpheuS. My mind was sidetracted for a few days and it was a miracle I got posting at all. Thanks to your thread, you got me focussed and posting again.

I hope that there will be other people from the other Forums participating in this thread, as my experience is limited to the General Chat and Lifestyle and News sections, occasionally also the IT sections as I like to learn about new software, Website tools etc. Guys like Ghostrider and Hogwarts (there must be others too who are posting in other Forums) may be much better qualified to nominate posters in the other sections.

In the Politics Forum, in addition to Ocalhoun, jmi256 debated very well. Maybe he is not as wellknown as he seems to focus mostly on the Politics forum. Other Frihosters who provided really good discussions during 2009 in the Politics Forum are Ophois, Moonspider, and Chris (Bikerider). We also had a more recent contributor who did some really good postings. Alaskacameradude. He has been from the media previously so came with some really great insights during the debates but he has been quiet lately.
ankitdatashn
For Moderators I would nominate Tidrug, quite helpful guy, he takes out time for any PM even in his busy duty! Rest Mods please dont be disappointed as I am now a bit less online.
Ghost900
I vote ocalhoun for User of the year for the quality posts and being a great person.

For mod I vote rvec. He has led me to the right spot by posting links to my threads and I don't think he is even part of the mean team. Not sure though, he may be involved in that team but is undercover. Smile
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Embarassed apologies, you're right, OrpheuS, apologies too to OrpheuS.

Actually it's mOrpheuS and Ophois Smile
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Embarassed apologies, you're right, OrpheuS, apologies too to OrpheuS.

Actually it's mOrpheuS and Ophois Smile
Thanks for the correction Max. I had Ophois right, but mOrpheuS got defragmented for some or other reason.
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
... mOrpheuS got defragmented for some or other reason.

Helpful User Tip: Never *frag (wildcarded for ease of use) an admin. Wink
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
deanhills wrote:
... mOrpheuS got defragmented for some or other reason.

Helpful User Tip: Never *frag (wildcarded for ease of use) an admin. Wink
Thanks for the tip Max. Hopefully Truespeed understood that the reference to "defragmented" was not to "mOrpheus" but my own faulty recollection of the name.