FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Walker Texas Ranger

You a Fan?
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Ryox
Who here is a Chuck Norris Fan (Walker Texas Ranger) show on TV.
tdossi
Hello,
I fonde the series Really.
The series trades from Texas ranger Cordell fuller (Chuck Norris), together with his afroamerikanischen partner James Trivette (Clarence Gilyard Jr). on the streets of Dallas provides for right and order. To bring in her endeavours, every criminal to the distance, fall back the ranger on her fight sport experience and her sound shooting education. They get help, besides, by the acting district state lawyer Alex Cahill (Sheree J. Wilson) and former Texas ranger C.D. Parker (Noble Willingham) in whose Country & western-food bar nearly every adventure is finished.
silverdown
I use to watch it but all they play now is old ones OVER and OVER so it is pretty boring now. I still watch it from time to time when nothing else is on.
desonium
silverdown wrote:
I use to watch it but all they play now is old ones OVER and OVER so it is pretty boring now. I still watch it from time to time when nothing else is on.

That is exactly how I think of it Cool
tdossi
With the series very successful in the USA "fuller, Texas ranger" gave of the carats Champ Chuck Norris (sevenfold world champions) his television debut. Norris plays the ranger Cordell fuller who counts with the crime fight more on his instinct than on criminal textbooks - completely in contrast to his partner Jimmy Trivette, to a former football star and graduates of a night school for criminology. Jimmy owns an irritable temperament beside his razor-sharp mind and, moreover, has a distinctive talent to bring itself in difficulties. No miracle that there are often frictions between both law guardians. It is to be owed only to the tempering influence of the good-looking, engaged state lawyer Alex Cahill that the set-tos accept no catastrophic magnitudes between both.
Dean_The_Great
This series was good when it aired, as it fed into the 90s flair for episodic drama, but I think now looking back it's just cheesy and kind of over the top.
tdossi
This is nostalgia. Unfortunately, it only rarely on television. I would be happy if the show would come more often.
desonium
tdossi wrote:
This is nostalgia. Unfortunately, it only rarely on television. I would be happy if the show would come more often.

jeah that would be great Cool
jeffl
I love this show. I'm waiting for the one remaining season to appear on DVD (season 7). Does anybody know when it is coming or if the spin-off show, Sons of Thunder, will be released.
deanhills
I like Texas Rangers, all the characters, including Chuck Norris in it. Chuck Norris has made some really good movies though in which he features more prominently and closer to himself than in Texas Rangers, so if you ask whether I am a fan of Chuck Norris, Texas Rangers does not present enough of Chuck Norris to justify that question. One has to look at his other movies in order to get the real flavour and character of Chuck Norris.
tdossi
Chuck Norris was an executive producer and principal character of fuller, Texas ranger, a successful US TV serial. Bigger fame attained he than film opponent from Bruce Lee in The death claw slams and by the 3-part film row Missing in action again.
Chuck Norris is an American seaweed Soo Th and Taekwondo master. He was a 6-times full contact world champion. Besides, Norris informed numerous Hollywood actors in the seaweed Soo Th.
tdossi
During his brilliant time as an actor Norris was subscribed above all to the representation of taciturn loners who partially displayed a rather patriotic-reactionary disposition and fought out her fights against American enemy's pictures. Thus he fought, for example, in invasion the USA (1985) against invaders from the Eastern bloc at that time, in delta Force (1986) against Arabian terrorists and in Missing in action (1984) against the Vietcong. His second parade role was that of the law guardian who falls back to the fulfilment of his job also on not always legal methods; as such he was to be seen in McQuade, the wolf (1982) and Cusack, the taciturn (1985).
tdossi
Chuck Norris is an American Tang Soo Do and Taekwondo Master (8th Dan). He was full-contact world champion six times. Norris also informed a number of Hollywood actors in Tang Soo Thurs He retired from competitive sport back in 1974.

In the meantime, Chuck Norris also worked with other martial arts such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which he exercised in the Machado. A Martial art, which is now firmly associated with his name already, is the roundhouse kick.
zbale
Haven't watched it in years and I would probably find it quite stereotypical now by I'm a fan.
deanhills
tdossi wrote:
Chuck Norris is an American Tang Soo Do and Taekwondo Master (8th Dan). He was full-contact world champion six times. Norris also informed a number of Hollywood actors in Tang Soo Thurs He retired from competitive sport back in 1974.

In the meantime, Chuck Norris also worked with other martial arts such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which he exercised in the Machado. A Martial art, which is now firmly associated with his name already, is the roundhouse kick.
How would he compare with Steven Seagal? Which one do you think is the stronger of the two? I would put my money on Chuck Norris. How about you?
tdossi
I think you can compare both.

Seagal was in some circles of American and European Aikidoka criticized for his films, because they stand in contrast to the pacifist stance of the martial art Aikido, in part, it was assumed to have sold the Aikido-ethics. This criticism was countered by pointing out that it is typical entertainment films, which are accordingly subject to the usual Hollywood drama, often seen from many karate and kung fu action films.

Similarly, reports of martial artists of various disciplines have been revoked, who worked as a stunt with Seagal in which his skills are challenged as a martial artist. Meanwhile, Seagal has also organized training in Aikido in France, where he demonstrated that his technical skills in Aikido graduation corresponds perfectly. Even the critics of his films confirm that he has mastered not only the hard action film techniques, but also the preferred soft in aikido technique of recording and going along with the attacker.
deanhills
@tdossi. That is very interesting information about Seagal, thanks very much. I was completely unaware that he had critics of his style of Aikidoka. Do you know anything about Chuck Norris and if he had any similar problems? How do you think Seagal and Norris compare with one another?
tdossi
Even if the heroes have many admirable qualities - courage in the face of a seemingly insurmountable obstacle, technical expertise, physical fitness - I still think that the message conveyed in the film is in essence negative and destructive.

In the genre expected to undergo no one Academy Award-style performances or the portrayal of complex characters, the subtle psychological developments. And yet their on-screen alter-egos are usually heroes, they are heroes whose sense of right and wrong too often blurred and that the resort to violence too easily. Your opponents are trigger-thought-out killers who fight rather than flee, even if their actions result in injury and death. Their decisions in the face of a fictitious threat offer a range of options for solving problems in real life to be imitated by impressionable young people. Frightens them this way and not feel they have no responsibility for the exemplary character which have their roles?

A master of martial arts is certainly not characterized by the reflexive use of force to resolve conflicts, but to fall back through increased awareness and the will to his abilities only in an extreme emergency. Your movie characters are often arrogant self-promoter, responsible with a distorted sense of justice, and thus to a large extent with, bad for the image that attaches to the martial arts in many places.
weableandbob
I'm not so much a fan of the show as I am of Chuck Norris.
tdossi
Hello weableandbob,
what you see you at the Chuck Norris?
Which series is the best?
tdossi